Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Hcg and Ovulation Questions

I had a D&C on 1/20.  I was 14 weeks but was told that the baby stopped developing in the 12th week.  Does your hcg go down faster after a D&C than with a natural miscarriage?  Was anyone this far along when they miscarried and if so how long did the levels take to return to normal?  I am very curious and my doctor just says to give it six weeks.  He is not testing my hcg at all which seems a bit odd to me.  I am hoping to start trying again once I get a regular period.  I needed Clomid with this pregnancy due to the fact I was not ovulating and I wondered if there is a possibly the body may restart ovulation normally after a miscarriage?

Re: Hcg and Ovulation Questions

• Options
    Iam in a similar situation,except I wasnt as far along. I had my d&c monday. The friday before my beta was 20,000. I had another one drawn yesterday and I havent gotten the results but my doc said he wanted to see it around10,000. I also took clomid for ovulation this cycle and am wondering/hoping this will regulate it all. my doc did say that a d&c will move things a long faster. good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon!
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had 3 mc's with my last one the baby stopped growing at 12 1/2 weeks with all 3 D & E's. You will def move things along quicker with surgery. After all 3 mc's I got my 1st period back in the 4th week and my mc's were 6 1/2, 8 1/2 and 12 1/2 weeks so it didn't matter how far long I was. I can't help you with the O part as I do not take Clomid (yet).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are concerned about not having blood work done to make sure your HCG is decreasing, I would ask your doctor about it.  It can't hurt to ask.  But, if they won't do it, I would take a HPT after the bleeding stops to see if its still coming up positive.  I can understand if you don't want to do that, but I did it to make sure I was back to <5 and it gave me a lot of piece of mind, so I knew where I was and if there was any leftover tissue to be concerned about.  Just a thought :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersI
    BFP 1/2/10- miscarriage @ 6 weeks
    BFP 9/7/10- DS born 4/30/11 via emergent c-section @ 36 weeks
    Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma 7/2/11
    8 rounds of chemo & 20 sessions of radiation- NED as of 9/26/11!!!
    TTC #2 since 12/2012
    BFP 2/26/13 EDD 11/6/13 ***Baby Joel is on his way***
  • Options
    My acupuncturist explained to me the other day that HCG takes awhile to drop and often times doesn't drop completely until right before AF arrives.  She said it doesn't go down slowly, it could drop and then level out and then drop again.  My doctor did not tell me I need to get additional blood work, he said I should get AF from 4 - 6 weeks and if I don't get it in 6 weeks to let him know.  Then he may do blood work.  I have fingers and toes crossed I get it in 4 weeks and HCG drops as it should.
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 7.16.11 - Chemical M/C 7.26.11
    BFP 1.12.12 - EDD 10.12.12 - Stick baby stick!
    Beta#1 (12DPO) - Beta 48 Prog 34
    Beta #2(19DPO) - Beta 1767 Prog 54 - Beta #3(26DPO) -
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"