Parenting after a Loss
Options

Allergic reaction

What would an allergic reaction to rice cereal look like?  I know that babies start the rice cereal first because it tends to not have a high rate of allergic reaction in babies.  I ask because we noticed a very faint rash on her belly sometime last week...I think it was Tuesday night's bath.  It seems to be getting much better every day.  She started rice cereal last Sunday for the first time.  Tonight her face was sort of blotchy pink on her cheeks.  She wasn't hot and hadn't been fussing or anything.  I noticed it about an hour after she had eaten the cereal.  Probably coincidence but does it sound like some kind of reaction?  I guess tomorrow I'll pay more attention after her cereal to see if it happens again. 
DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Allergic reaction

• Options
    Alexa is having a bad allergic reaction to something right now... she isn't on solids, so it's either something I'm eating or a lotion/bath product.  She has eczema, so we've been lotioning her a lot, and we tried a new lotion today that we think caused it.  It is really splotchy on her chest and spreading to her arms/legs.  Could hers be to something in the bath?  Detergent?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagevml14:
    Alexa is having a bad allergic reaction to something right now... she isn't on solids, so it's either something I'm eating or a lotion/bath product.  She has eczema, so we've been lotioning her a lot, and we tried a new lotion today that we think caused it.  It is really splotchy on her chest and spreading to her arms/legs.  Could hers be to something in the bath?  Detergent?

When we first saw the faint rash it was before she got in the bath and I haven't changed detergents...

I do think she has eczema though as well.  She's got a few patches on her upper arm.  I've been treating that with lotion.  Looks different from the little rash on her belly.

DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"