Postpartum Depression
Options

Anyone stop Zoloft abruptly?

Okay...I had to stop taking my zoloft (50mg) this week b/c my prescription ran out and my doc did not get back to me in time to refill it.  I have been having major stomach cramps, headaches, and nausea.  I was just wondering how long this will last.  I am really interested in getting back on it, b/c I had such a hard time sleeping while taking it.  I do want to see a psychiatrist soon, so he/she can put me on something more appropriate.  Just wondering how you handled going off of Zoloft.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Anyone stop Zoloft abruptly?

• Options

I'm sorry that your doctor was not able to get the prescription approved in time so that you didn't run out.  I can't tell you what its like to come off of Zoloft abruptly, but for some meds, it can be rough.

You'd mentioned wanting to see a psychiatrist soon.  Do you have an appointment set-up?  If not, I just wanted to warn you that, in my almost 15 years experience with depression & ADD, it can take several weeks (at least 2, could be much more, like 8 or 9) to get an intake appointment with a psychiatrist.  It sucks.  When you feel you need to get in to get help, the appointments are much more difficult to get (because of the length of time needed and the doctor's availability to take on new patients). 

I hope that your withdrawals go away soon and that you are able to get in to see somebody soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I quit it cold turkey. I just never felt like it did me any good. I didn't see/feel any adverse affects - however, PMS/AF is a real ***....

I hope you find a good solution....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have, I felt dizziness, my head felt cloudy, I felt jerky motions, I just didn't feel right. It is never a good idea to quit an antidepressant abruptly. You need to wean yourself off with the supervision of a doctor. Please call your doctor for an appointment soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"