Working Moms
Options

Starting work/day care for the 1st time on Monday!!

And I'm freaking out.  Words of encouragement are needed.....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Starting work/day care for the 1st time on Monday!!

• Options
    Me too . . . and just read that it will affect LO's sleeping for the first few days.  It will be fine.  Just drink more water and take advantage of the breaks.
  • Options

Having just gone through it for the first time 2 weeks ago, here are some thoughts that I hope will help you.

-It will be hard to part from your LO but it WILL get better.  By the end of the second week, my DD was smiling and laughing when I picked her up from daycare.  That was exactly what I needed to see. 

-You'll find that the time you do spend with your LO is that much more meaningful now.  I used to bf with the tv on often.  Now, I cherish the times in the morning and evening before and after daycare when I can feed DD.  It's precious quiet time together now.   

-Sleep with a robe or a blanket you can give to your daycare provider.  Your LO can hold the robe or blanket (a source of great comfort because of your scent) when he or she misses you (especially during the initial transition). 

- Drink lots of water and take Fenugreek and/or eat oatmeal daily if you're concerned about your milk supply waning.  I can't believe what a difference these things are making for my supply (which used to be extremely low).

I could go on.  Most of all, I wish you the very best.  Be strong!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Good luck!  I was so nervous about returning to work and sending DS to daycare, but the transition was a lot easier than expected.  When I was on maternity leave, I didn't even want to go back to work and now I wonder why I ever thought that.  I feel like my life is very balanced now. 

You will be fine.  More importantly, your baby will be fine.  :)

• Options
    imagecala09:

- Drink lots of water and take Fenugreek and/or eat oatmeal daily if you're concerned about your milk supply waning.  I can't believe what a difference these things are making for my supply (which used to be extremely low).

I go back the 8th and already bought 2 boxes of mother's milk tea to drink at work.  I'm glad to hear it works for you.  I hope it works for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"