Pennsylvania Babies
Options

WWYD-Pediatrician question

I am most likely going to be delivering at Heart of Lancaster.  The problem is: the pediatrician that I want to use Roseville Pediatrics is not affiliated with that hospital.  The pediatrician that is affiliated Grace Pedicatrics, was one that friends have switched from to go to Roseville.  I have read that it is best to stick with the pediatrician who you see in the hospital, for reasons that I do understand.  WWYD?  Try Grace or transfer your information to Roseville after the babies are out of the hospital? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD-Pediatrician question

• Options

I don't know why it would be important to stick with the one you see in the hospital. They see your child, at most, for 10 minutes a day for the days you're in the hospital, 2-4 days ish, if all goes as planned.

Usually if a pedi doesn't visit the hospital, they just ask to see you right away after discharge. I'd definitely go with the one you want.

• Options
    I definitely wouldn't worry about it at all. Just see the on-call Peds at the hospital, then start at your office for the first appt after the hospital. We did that for both kids because our Ped offices didn't have rights at the hospitals where they were delivered and it was no big deal at all - you're good to go!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With DD1 our pediatrician didn't have rights at the hospital we chose, so we just had to take her into the office the day after we got released from the hospital. 

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about who sees them in the hosp.  I think the pedi saw my two for all of ten minutes before they were to be discharged even with all that they had been through.  Take them to the pedi that you want
  • Options
    If you anticipate health problems for your babies, I would try to stick with the same practice, because there is a lot that is not passed on in a medical record that could be helpful in the first years. If your babies are healthy, though, it should not be a big deal at all to transfer records after their birth. When you ask to transfer the records, get a copy of them for yourself while you are at it, so that when you see the new doctors, you have a copy of the records in case the new office has not recieved the hosptial copy.
  • Options

I don't see why you need to stick with the hospital pedi either.  I actually just delivered at Heart of Lancaster on January 12th and our regular pediatrician is Roseville.  I just saw whoever at the hospital and called Roseville as soon as we got home to make his first appointment.  We have been to see them twice so far and there were no problems switching over.

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"