Washington Babies

Baby Pants?

How do you store baby pants?  I have several pairs of pants for baby, as well as several outfits that include pants - how do you store these?  I wanted to hang everything, but the baby hangers with clips are so expensive - and plus I haven't been able to find them again anywhere.  I wanted to at least keep the outfits together...  Let me know how you do this :)

PS... Yes, I know I'm overthinking things :)

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
Baby Sister is coming soon!

Re: Baby Pants?

• At Walmart I found that you can buy packages of just the clips to snap onto the hangers. I think they were $1.49 for a package of 6 (so you could hang 3 pairs of pants)

Other than that my pants that don't go with a matching onesie I have just folded and put in the dresser drawers.

• I do hang everything, otherwise I forget about them! Except for white onesies, those go in a drawer. I found the clip hangers at Babies R Us, but they are more expensive, the add-on clips are a great idea. If they're part of an outfit, I put them on the same hanger as the matching top. Otherwise I put two or three pairs of pants on one clip hanger.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • I hang: Jackets, T-shirts, overalls, & sweaters

I put in his dresser: Onesies, pants, & jammies

A lot of the outfits we got were combo outfits (jacket & pants), my thought was if I hung them up together, I would forget about the pants that could be easily used with another outfit. So I always separate them and put the pants in his dresser.

• in a drawer!   or really, I have baskets under the changing table and I keep all of his clothes in there.  The only things that are hanging are things that are too big and waiting to go into the "working" area of the baskets.

If you cant' reach the closet while standing at the changing table, my guess is you'll want those clothes somewhere else.

• Our old house didn't have a closet in the nursery, so everything was in drawers at the changing table.  My plan now is to hang pants that go with a specific outfit, so they are together.  And keep others that are on their own in a drawer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I barely hung anything for DS unless it was stuff that was in sizes for way later or a button-up shirt or coat. Anything I was going to put him in went in the dresser/changing table. It's so much easier to just grab stuff out of drawers than try to get back and forth to the closet. I won''t hang much for DD either.  I stacked things by type, pants, short sleeved shirts, long sleeved shirts etc.  You can do outfits too if they are things that very specificially go together - but I feel like that's more of a girl thing than boy thing. I dress DS like a little man so he didn't have too many "outfity" type things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i hang everything except onsie undershirts and jammies. for pants i use the pants hangers that they came on from the store. DH hates them and wants nice plastic that look the the regular hangers, but like you said, they are expensive and hard to find. i have heard of just buying clothes pins to pin pants on the regular handers, but i have tons of store pants hangers so just use them. i also use the store outfit hangers to hang outfits. basically i only throw away are the regular type store hangers. you can also go into Macy's and they will give them to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I bought one of those closet organizer things that hangs and has six shelves.  I fold his pants and then stick them on one of the shelves according to size.
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:

If you cant' reach the closet while standing at the changing table, my guess is you'll want those clothes somewhere else.

This!

Can't you just fold the pant over the hanger like you do big peoples pants? That is what I do with the pants that are hanging in cruz's closet (which are only fancy pants the rest are in the drawer)

imageimage Brothers! image
  • Unfortunately, we're moving across the country in about 3 months and have VERY limited space right now.  Baby S's changing table is our dresser, and he doesn't have a dresser at all.  I do have a shelf in the closet I could use, but I'm going to try to find the clips at Walmart, or else try hanging them over the hanger - I didn't really think of that :)

I am sure having all of his clothes in the closet will be annoying and inconvenient - but at this point, we don't have too many options.

Thanks ladies!!

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • I use blue clothesline pins that attach to the hanger and the pants...they come in all different colors and are VERY inexpensive.
  • I keep pants folded in a drawer and only hang coats, heavy shirts, sweaters and fancy stuff (his christening jumpsuit)
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"