Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

One more judgy...

This one is not so horrible, but still its NMS and I felt bad for her LO...

K has been pretty sick the past week, he has lost over a pound now bc the mucus from his cold was causing him to not be able to keep down any of his milk, and he was also having diarrhea from it - so finally the Dr gave us a script for antihistimine (sp?) to try and dry things up so he wouldn't gag and throw up, and bc he had had diarrhea for over 5 days, and was refusing solids, he advised us to do cereal in a bottle to help to stop him up and help him gain a little weight...

I didn't have a fast flow nipple, and K isn't a huge fan of bottles, so I went to the store to pick one out- while I was looking at the nipples, a lady came up to me with cereal in her hands and said "Do you know anything about flows of nipples and what works with cereal in a bottle?"

I smiled and said "you know we are dealing with that for the first time right now bc my baby is sick"

She responded "Oh mine isn't sick, she is 2 weeks old, and I haven't slept since she was born so I am doing this so she will sleep through the night."  - she grabbed a level 4 flow from Advent nipple, and walked away...

CRINGE... Am I the only one??

Re: One more judgy...

• Options
    Indifferent  You should have told her welcome to motherhood and point her in the direction of the nearest starbucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You didn't grab a jar of baby food and chuck it at the back of her head? I may have done that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebritti<3:
    You didn't grab a jar of baby food and chuck it at the back of her head? I may have done that.

honestly - I was too stunned - the way she said it was all like proud, you know?  Hopefully she will mention it to her pedi when she has her 1 month appt and they will correct it...

• Options
    You're not the only one.  SD's birth-mother kept telling me to put cereal in his bottle to get him to sleep at night *he was not even two-weeks old and EBF.*  She said it had worked wonders with her now 10-month old from THE DAY THEY GOT HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL.  (I asked SO about this and if they did it with SD and he said no way).
  • Options
    You're not the only one. I would judge the heck out of that!
  • Options

imagetxbabs111:
    You're not the only one. I would judge the heck out of that!

apparently Campbell did too!  LMAO at that face!

• Options

imagebritti<3:

I like your way of thinking...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"