Adoption
Options

What to do for adoptive parents?

I'm over the moon excited for my cousin and her husband who finally have been matched with a 24 month old little girl from China.  They will travel to China and bring her home in the next few months but I want to do something for them to acknowledge this now as it's been a really long and tough road for them.  I've got a few ideas already (books, toys, clothes) but thought I'd throw it out there to those of you who have been around this block before.  What were the most thoughtful and appreciated things you received?  We'll definitely do something again for them once their daughter is officially home.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What to do for adoptive parents?

• Options
    When we were looking into adopting from Korea, I thought those necklaces shaped like the country were cool. I think Fredalina makes them?
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options

If they have a registry -- anything off of that.

But there are many books for adoptive families that are wonderful.  Go to Amazon and search for China and adoption and you will find lots of great storybooks.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi S.! I haven't adopted (from China or anywhere), but here are some ideas:

-Red Envelope often has thoughtful gifts. I've always had my eye on this 100 Good Wishes Quilt: https://gifts.redenvelope.com/baby/100goodwishesbabyquilt-30000930

-How about a certificate for a family photo shoot? It could be through one of our local photogs, or even a place as simple as JC Penney.

-Etsy has lots of items that are made  by parents who've adopted or are adopting from China - just do a  search. 

• Options
    I really loved anything monogrammed.  It made me so happy to see his initials, with our last name. 
  • Options

I love Dragonfly's idea of a gift card for a family photo...what a wonderful idea! 

I also love the idea of something with the child's name on it, like KmKaull said.  I love a little silver bracelet and a jewelry box that we were given with Zoe's name on them.  Such nice keepsakes!

Children's books about adoption are wonderful, too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bought a friend adopting from china a nice scrapbook album and china and adoption related stickers and paper. She's crafty and loved that she was ready to start remembering as soon as they arrived home.
  • Options
    imageDragonfly_Bride:

Hi S.! I haven't adopted (from China or anywhere), but here are some ideas:

-Red Envelope often has thoughtful gifts. I've always had my eye on this 100 Good Wishes Quilt: https://gifts.redenvelope.com/baby/100goodwishesbabyquilt-30000930

-How about a certificate for a family photo shoot? It could be through one of our local photogs, or even a place as simple as JC Penney.

-Etsy has lots of items that are made  by parents who've adopted or are adopting from China - just do a  search. 

Hi M!!  Fancy seeing you here.  Wink

I'm loving that quilt, this just might be it.  Fabulous suggestions everyone, thank you.  They don't have a registry and are not crafty kinda people so I was stuck for ideas. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"