Baby Showers
Options

Throwing a shower - a question

Is it customary to run the theme of the shower by the mom-to-be?  No one did it for my shower but I'm pretty easy-going.  I'm throwing a shower for my BFF and she's kind of picky - should I run the theme by her or should it be a surprise?

Re: Throwing a shower - a question

• Options

I say go for it if you think she might be offended or not like it.  I can't imagine her not loving it...but you know her best and will make the right decision.  Could you have 2 themes picked out and see which she likes more? 

• Options
    oops, forgot to add that I don't think it is customary to have to run it by the mom.  But if it will take off some planning pressure, then I would go ahead and just run it by her!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think most hostesses tell the mom-to-be what is going on.  Some are complete surprises though.  If I were you (knowing she is picky) I'd run it by her just to get her reaction.  She might have some good suggestions or she might say...do what you want.  :-)
  • Options
    While you don't have to run it by her, I would.  In my experience, the theme of the shower is generally along the lines of the nursery.  If she really dislikes your theme, she might end up with alot of themed things that she doesn't care for.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd run  it by her. I'm throwing a shower for a great friend in March, and have been running everything by her so her shower turns out exactly the way she dreams it being:)
  • Options

If you guys are anything like me and my bff, your not gonna be able to keep it a suprise anyway!  If it were me, and it will be in a few months (yay! the bff is pregs too!!) I would let her know!
    Good luck and have fun!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"