Stay at Home Moms
Options

Offical Mommy Time Check In!

I posted earlier about us checking in once a day to report something we did completely for ourselves. As SAHM's we forget that even though we are not working, we still need down time. I can't remember the last time I went anywhere by myself. That freaks me out! Hopefully this will motivate us moms to take some time out for ourselves. It's so important. I also hope that hearing about some of the other "time outs" will help give everyone good ideas of ways to decompress!?

Also, I will try to post once a day in the evening. Feel free to respond the next morning with your Mommy Time Activity!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Offical Mommy Time Check In!

• Options
    DH isn't home yet (long story) and I'm on my own tonight. I just put DS to bed and I'm having my dinner on the sofa in front of the TV. I'm putting my feet up and watching whatever I want! I may even take a hot shower afterwards and eat some chocolate icecream. My time out is very cliche and simple but oh so sweet!

• Options

I was so motivated by your post today- after i saw it- I gave myself a 'time out' during her nap. Instead of cleaning, I grabbed two girl scout cookies and watched 'Real Housewives of Orange County' --- totally ridiculous show. It was nice not to have to think for 38 minutes. God Bless TiVo.

I TOO- have not been out by myself in FOREVER. I think i am going to make it a point to go get a pedicure tomorrow just in time for vacation in 8 days!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

I was so motivated by your post today- after i saw it- I gave myself a 'time out' during her nap. Instead of cleaning, I grabbed two girl scout cookies and watched 'Real Housewives of Orange County' --- totally ridiculous show. It was nice not to have to think for 38 minutes. God Bless TiVo.

I TOO- have not been out by myself in FOREVER. I think i am going to make it a point to go get a pedicure tomorrow just in time for vacation in 8 days!

Good for you! A pedicure sounds like a little piece of heaven! Have a great vacation!

• Options
    I went to Moms night out with my playgroup last night. We did paint your own pottery and then went to the Cheesecake Factory. It was soooo amazing! I didn't get home til midnight, but it was very worth it. So nice to hang out "alone", besides the one really annoying mom in the group...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I definitely took a time out today. I got caught up on my shows (Project Runway and Models of the Runway) while the kids napped. I didn't cook dinner tonight. I found a Qdoba coupon for a free entree w/drink purchase and we all went out for dinner. 
  • Options

Ben only napped for 90 minutes today (he usually naps for 2.5-3 hours) and was a holy terror all afternoon.  Then, I picked my (16 yo) daughter up at work (after school) to take her to an appointment and she argued with me about having to go from the time she got in the car until the time we got there.  Then she told me she wasn't getting out of the car.  Needless to say, I was very happy when DH got home today.  I told him I needed some time alone, went upstairs to our room, shut the door and got on the computer for 45 minutes.

A pedicure sounds awesome.  I wanted to get a manicure tonight and forgot to call all week to make the appt (they don't do walk-ins where I go).  I'm definitely doing that one night next week.

• Options
    I sent DS and DH to go pick up pizza and wine.  While they were gone, I took a ridiculously long shower and rubbed my feet with burt's bees peppermint foot scrub (because my DH would rather die than touch someone's feet :))  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took two hours and got my hair cut and colored. I cut a drastically new style and just relaxed and read for two. whole. hours. It was bliss.
  • Options
    I slept for an hour and a half during DDs nap.
  • Options
    I was about to respond with, "I read and Nested while the girls napped" when suddenly DH's friend called to see if he wanted to take the girls to meet him and his DD at the mall for a playdate, so NOW I'm enjoying an evening to myself with a glass of wine and contemplating taking a bubble bath!  Whoo-hoo!
  • Options
    this is my "mommy" time -although DH is using my time to sit across from me and play more on his computer, so its not completely mommy time.  Thinking a hot shower may be called for (the shower, when DS is asleep, is the only time I am ever really alone to think, not think, and so on....) Good idea to do this check, btw.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH was tired and turned in early so I've been surfing the web for about 2 hours now!---and while online, I just purchased a new photo scanner for a great price! 

Also, I wasn't by myself, but it sure felt good---went out to Red Lobster tonight with the fam and ordered whatever I wanted!  We don't go out to the "nicer" restaurants often so this was a very nice treat :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    DD stays the night at my mom's on Friday because I have an early morning Bible Study on Saturdays. I just had a nice glass of wine and 3 pieces of chocolate. :)
  • Options
    Today Dh watched LO and I went to starbucks and shopping by myself. Also I did 30 Day Shred once LO went to bed. :) happy mom=happy life
  • Options

Super happy you went with this, Wheels!!!  :)

I cooked dinner, thoroughly enjoying 2 glass of Veuve Clicquot, as DH put Emily to bed (he got home early tonight, a real treat!).  We are now watching Kitchen Nightmare's and relaxing in the peace & quiet!

Tomorrow, I'm getting my hair cut & colored (3.5 hours in the chair to read, wahooooooo!) and hitting up Old Navy for their Fri/Sat only 30% off sale!  :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options

Today, my mom came over to play with DS for the last time by himself before my niece comes back home from a month long vacation on Sunday. Even though I was still around my mom and DS, I was able to get some major tax stuff taken care of and a short trip to the library.  Not much for me, but much easier than lugging my 18lb'er around!    

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took a nap today. Granted, I was up half the night coughing and having trouble breathing, but a nap is still rare. DH's job was closed down due to the ice storm, and he watched DD for a couple hours so I could crash. :)
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ... sigh... today has been unusually busy for me.  Baby Boogie class, errands, lunch, cleaning up the backyard during nap, and then preparing for my spring launch that is tomorrow at my house for the jewelry I sell.... oh yeah and made chicken enchiladas for dinner and did dishes, etc.  I am pooped.  I need to go brush up on my catalog before tomorrow... "me" time is probably going to come tomorrow after the party unfortunately.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went out with a friend to do some knitting.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

I have several from yesterday and today.  :-)

Yesterday, instead of cleaning and getting things done around the house, I took a nap while DD napped.  I was in such desperate need of a nap that when I woke up, I was confused about what was going on for a full minute. LOL It was heavenly.  Then, last night, I called DH and asked him to meet us out for dinner instead of cooking.  He was all for it!

This morning, I just finished giving DD her breakfast, and now DH is hanging out with her downstairs for the next 90 minutes while I relax in bed with the internet and my book.  Tonight I'm going to dinner (fondue!) with a bunch of my friends for an early birthday dinner (I'll be 30 next week!!!).  I can't wait! 

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options

i had my monthly massage yesterday 1-29!   i left both kids at daycare while i went-so yep 3 weeks old and the mommy left the baby for 3 hours!!  it was glorious :)   i have already scheduled my feb and mar massages as well.

today i am taking my toddler to a local Celebration of Lakes festival-on the frozen lake 5 miles away from our home for ice skating and some fun.  not officially pure mommy time, but some very high quality mommy/daughter time :)

• Options
    Today I took a nap with DS
  • Options
    During DD's last nap, I flipped through People Magazine and after dinner I watched a bit of TV with DH and sipped on some hot cocoa. :)
  • Options
    oo...a day late, but I went shopping without ds!
    Alicia
    Mom to Three Sweet Things
    Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"