Parenting
Options

Anyone not lose weight until after weaning?

I'm annoyed.  I've been busting ass to eat better and move more.  I've cut out almost all crap.  And yet I'm still hovering around the same number on the scale.

With DS1 the weight didn't really start to come off until after I stopped nursing.  I thought maybe it was a fluke, but now I'm starting to think that maybe my metabolism gets wonky while I breastfeed?  Or I retain water?  I don't know...

Anyone else not able to drop much until after their baby weaned?

Re: Anyone not lose weight until after weaning?

• Options
    last time I hung onto 10lbs. until he weaned.  I'm going with that excuse this time, too.
    Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
  • Options
    me, but I am hypothyroid and I needed my medication adjusted. Could that be it?
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

After both pregnancies, I didn't really start to lose weight until after they slowed down nursing and AF started again.  Once I weaned, or was just nursing one or two times a day, I really started dropping the weight. 

DS1 10-06 and DS2 9-08 and baby #3 EDD 9-05-12
    imageimage
  • Options
    I can't...I actually weaned early this time because I want to diet.  I am so overweight that I really just couldn't wait another 6mo-1yr to start...I really need to focus on being healthy for my own sanity.
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • Options
    I didn't at all.  I held on to those pesky 5 lbs up until I got pregnant again. 
    Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageYodajo:

After both pregnancies, I didn't really start to lose weight until after they slowed down nursing and AF started again.  Once I weaned, or was just nursing one or two times a day, I really started dropping the weight. 

DITTO!

And  I will add that I lost the weight around the middle. As if my waist stayed thicker until after they weaned and AF started. I think I dropped 10lbs both times overnight

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me.  After nursing DS and holding onto that weight, I lost some...not all.  I have to admit though that my exercise habits weren't the greatest at that point in my life.  BF'ing, for me, is just an extended pregnancy full of crazy hormones and unnecessary weight retention! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageREOM:
    imageYodajo:

DITTO!

And  I will add that I lost the weight around the middle. As if my waist stayed thicker until after they weaned and AF started. I think I dropped 10lbs both times overnight

You give me hoooooope!  That's where I'm holding onto the weight  -- right in my midsection (and in my thighs -- but I don't think I can blame them on hormones).

• Options
    I lost about 30 lbs after weaning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"