Adoption
Options

Hello (again) ladies.

So I posted here a few times awhile ago, back when we were just strongly considering pursuing adoption.

I have lurked here pretty often since then, and we did begin the adoption process.  We filed out application and were accepted into the program, but there is a very long wait list to even get in for the homestudy classes.  We're being told it's about 18 months at this point, but that could of course change.  We know that this is going to be a long and difficult wait, but we're happy to have set a course for ourselves instead of waiting any longer.

I just wanted to let you all know that your stories and experiences played a large part in getting comfortable with our decision.

Anyway, nothing else of value to add besides that I might be asking a lot of questions in the coming year. 

Thank you!

Re: Hello (again) ladies.

• Options
    Welcome to the board! Everyone here is wonderful and will be happy to answer all your questions. We were suppose to wait to become active as well and things started moving pretty quickly while we were doing our homestudy with the other placements so we became active right away so you never know but be prepared for the wait and it seems like you are. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love you :)

Good luck with everything!  I am exicted that someone I "know" is doing this too :)

Not sure what direction we are headed. Either way, I am up for the ride.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLucyAnnie:

Good luck with everything!  I am exicted that someone I "know" is doing this too :)

Hello, beautiful!  Fancy meeting you here. Smile  It will be a huge help, I think, that we're both going through all of this...
  • Options
    Welcome! I hope it goes quickly for you.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For sure!   You are just a little bit further along than I am.  We are still gathering research at this stage.  Im nerveous, scared, excited, all wraped up into one giant feeling. 
  • Options

Yeah, and it won't get much better.  LOL.  I'm just glad to have chosen a path.

And thanks, ladies, for the welcome. 

• Options
    imagefredalina:
    imageFrauKlein:
    imageLucyAnnie:

Hello, beautiful!  Fancy meeting you here. Smile  It will be a huge help, I think, that we're both going through all of this...

i'll just be chopped liver sitting over in the corner by myself.

Fred, my love, you're never chopped liver.  You're the voice of experience.  ::smooch::
  • Options
    imagefredalina:
    imageFrauKlein:
    imagefredalina:
    imageFrauKlein:
    imageLucyAnnie:

i'll just be chopped liver sitting over in the corner by myself.

Fred, my love, you're never chopped liver.  You're the voice of experience.  ::smooch::

That's just a euphemism for calling me old.  DH said he (and i quote) loves my old buns today.  That did NOT get him extra ketchup in his veggie burger.

Of course you are not chopped liver!  You will be the one both of us will be going to :)  

And I am not sure how old you are...I may be older.  Can't remember.  

::smooches::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"