Working Moms
Options

Double pumper ?

Hey ladies, I'm heading back to work on Monday, and plan on pumping.  I have the Medela Pump in Style, which, until now, I have only used on one side at a time.  

How do you do both at once without making a huge mess?  I tried once, and it was an epic fail.  Do you have one of those bras that holds them on?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Double pumper ?

• Options

I pumped for 7 months after I returned to work and did both sides at the same time to save time.  At first, I would just hold them, but then I got a bra (from amazon) and it was heaven!  It allowed me to free up my hands to read a book, play games on my phone, etc.  I would highly recommend one of these.  Here's the one I got: 

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Expression-Bustier-Hands-free-Pumping/dp/B000MFVOGW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1264781614&sr=8-5

• Options

Lots of practice!

I usually hold them with one arm and turn the pump on.  Then once the suction is going it's strong enough I can rest them on my lap and read, etc.  I then hold them again with my arm when I turn them off.

The hairband trick on kellymom.com also works pretty well.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I never got the bra, I just held both the horns.  I also learned to balance them on the edge of a desk so that I could turn pages of a work paper or magazine, which came in handy.

Turn the pump on and put the horns on at the same time.  Bring a kitchen towel so you can take them off at the same time, and put them on the towel.  The horns shouldn't be so heavy that they tip the collection bottles.  As soon as I took them off, I unscrewed both of the collection bottles to get the milk secured, while the pump was running.  This also helps clear the tubes.

HTH!

• Options
    imageUCLAangel:

I pumped for 7 months after I returned to work and did both sides at the same time to save time.  At first, I would just hold them, but then I got a bra (from amazon) and it was heaven!  It allowed me to free up my hands to read a book, play games on my phone, etc.  I would highly recommend one of these.  Here's the one I got: 

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Expression-Bustier-Hands-free-Pumping/dp/B000MFVOGW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1264781614&sr=8-5

I have that one as well, although I didn't use it at work (too much effort to get on and off and not comfortable IMO for all day, I just used it at home when I wasn't in as much of a hurry).  At work I just held it.  I prop one side in the crook of my elbow and hold the other with that hand, then use the free arm/hand to control it.  By tucking the horns into the holes in my nursing tank/bra and with a little practice it got pretty routine.

• Options
    Thanks girls!  I'll try them all and see how unbelievably uncoordinated I am... and that hairband trick looks like genius!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I nursed and pumped for 14 months and used the easy expressions bustier. It worked like a charm for me.

Good luck!

• Options
    I rigged them up with rubber bands, search on kellymom for the directions.  And, I held things in place with my nursing bra.  It was cheap and easy.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    I just kind of pull the cup of my bra over the bottom part of the pumping thingys and it holds them in place.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"