Working Moms
Options

If you have in-home care ...

Did you get your care taker through and agency? Placed an ad? Found them online? Friend or family referral? Do you find that finding an in-home caretaker to be more expensive if you find them through and agency?

Re: If you have in-home care ...

• Options

Ours was recommended to us by a friend...You should be able to go to your states childcare licensing website and search for licensed home care providers, you can call them , ask questions & set up interviews with the ones you might be interested in.  Key things to look for are cleanliness, a safe environment, that is properly child proofed...make sure they dont watch more kids then legally allowed to..and in general their philosophies should jive with yours...most importantly , trust your gut !

I dont think you need an agency to find a quality home care provider if your state has them listed on a website..You should be able to contact the state and they will let you review the file for any complaints the provider may have had against them or any violations of state laws. 

• Options

Are you talking about in home day cares or someone who comes to you in YOUR home.....?

We found our home day care center through my state's DHS website.  We have unique hours and I was able to filter through everyone who is licensed by when they provided care.  This way I could bypass all the places that are only open M-F 6-6.  

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Someone coming to my home.
  • Options

imageHappeewife:
    Someone coming to my home.

whoops, didnt realize you meant a nanny more or less...I have no idea about how to find nanny agencies , other than looking online or maybe local colleges in the early child education department would have some girls looking for work, but they would probably have to be part time students if they are full time nannies..but maybe recent grads looking for work ?  

• Options
    We found our nanny through an agency.  I tried networking, moms groups, etc. but I found the agency nannies to be far superior, at least where I live.  The agency nannies are more expensive, I think.
  • Options
    We have an Au Pair who lives with us and we found her through MIL. We love it, as it gives us so much flexibility and DD loves her and has so much fun with her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"