D.C. Area Babies
Options

Induction dilema...WWYD?

So I am going to be induced @ 39wks. We had a date that we liked but found out that day is the one Dr. in the practice that I have only seen once. She is very nice and all, but I don't know that i am 100% comfortable with her yet. If I take the day before or day after, it would be the Dr I have spent the most time with for this PG. Do I go with the Dr I like or the date we liked?

FWIW...with DD I had an unplanned induction and the Dr on call was one I had never even met during my PG and things went smoothly.

I'm just kind of on the fence on this and wondered if anyone else had had something similar happen.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Induction dilema...WWYD?

• Options

I think it depends on why you like the date.  Is it because it will make it convenient for you (easy to have care for your other daughter, gets you out of the hospital before the weekend) etc?  Or, do you like the date because it would be a "good" birthday?  If it's the former, I'd probably consider keeping the date you have scheduled.  If it's just because it's a good birthday, I'd switch to one of the other days and stay with the doctor your like. 

And, like you, I was delivered by a doctor who I had never met, and it went great.  So, really, who delivers you shouldn't matter too much....

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I agree with PP that it depends on why you chose that date. I had a new-to-me doctor for my unplanned induction and I think I saw her only a handful of times and it went great. At my practice, even if you start your induction with one doctor, you might be delivered by another, depending on how long labor is.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well we liked the actual date...3/10/10...but it is also a wed so that means that for the duration of my hospital stay DD will be able to be in daycare so it makes it easier on my DH.

1st PG..I was induced and labor only lasted 7 hrs....so pretty sure that DS will be born on the day we pick.

Glad to hear everyone else had Dr's they weren't as familiar with and things went well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Can you schedule the remainder of your appts with that doc only? You'll probably get to know her pretty well since you'll be going so often Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

can you see the Dr now scheduled for your induction a few times b/w now and then and if you don't like her, change the date?

I think an induction is just one (maybe 2) days but a birthday is forever so it might be better to choose the day you like. It's mostly the nurses who take care of you anyway, the Dr is just there to catch the baby and prescribe meds and see how it's going.

also if the induction takes a long time, another Dr might be on call by the time you actually deliver

• Options
    imageMrsKLS:

Well we liked the actual date...3/10/10...

keep your induction date if for no other reason that it's my b-day! Yes

• Options

I've never been induced, but I think choosing which doc you get is like a dream come true, so I'd keep the doc I liked.  Then again, the person who delivered DD #1 was my LEAST fave doc in the practice, she was a huge beeyotch.  With #2 I lucked out and got my favorite guy.  If it was a scheduled thing I'd totally pick the doc I liked. 

Caveat:  Then again, until reading pp's I didn't realize that with an induction the person who induces you may not be the person who delivers, so, my answer only stands if the favorite doc is the person who will deliver your baby.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

I was induced and there were only 2 Dr. not on vacation while I was delivering.  I had one that I thought I preferred over the other.  I ended up having the one that I thought I didn't prefer, but she was totally amazing during the delivery and after.  I would say she is now one of my favorite drs. in the practice (although I really do like all of them very much).

Considering you said that you delivered 7 hrs. from beginning to end last time I would guess you wouldn't be necessarily be dealing with a shift change.  I would be tempted to see if you could get a couple more appts. with the dr. you're not so familiar with and keep the date.  That being said DD is due on 5-10-10 and I really like that date, so I completely understand you liking the date of 3-10-10.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"