Postpartum Depression
Options

Pg w/#2 what about anti depressants?

I tried to button up this title but it was hard. 

I had PPD with DD. Manifested after delivery but go really bad around 6-8 weeks. Went on Zoloft and recently went off before getting PG with #2.

Did you go on anti depressants while still pregnant? My Dr. recommends starting the month before delivery but wanted to know what your experience was.

Thanks! 

www.jojofromtheblog.com Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image

Re: Pg w/#2 what about anti depressants?

• Options
    Being that I have not yet been in this situation, I don't know if I would be on antidepressants while pregnant with #2.  However, my OB/GYN initially prescribed me the Zoloft for PPD because it is safe during both BFing and pregnancy.  I assumed she said this to me because she wants me to stay on it even if I do get pregnant again soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I would say yes, stay on it or be open to go on it if it has helped you out after your first DC.  I am now pregnant for the second time and have had severe perinatal/antepartum anxiety/depression since 5-6wks.  I feel EXACTLY like I did PP with DD and it's been a long pregnancy.

The kicker for me is that antidepressants do not help me out -- I have severe intolerance to them both after DD AND I tried them again around 10wks.  If you can use them and they help you do it, you would not like to feel like me for an entire pregnancy. 

Also, knowing that zololft is safe during pregnancy AND it helps you stay in a good place is way better for the baby in the long run.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i asked my dr about this because i'm in the same boat.  they said to let them know when i feel like i need it, and they'll write me a script.  the thought of waiting until i start feeling crazy scares me, but at the same time i'm also glad they don't just auto-medicate people with a history of PPD. 
  • Options
    My OB was not a fan of medicating me during pregnancy. He did send me a script home after delivery for Lexapro. I noticed less PPD this timea round than last, but who the heck knows why.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"