Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

What a whirlwind of a follow-up ultrasound appt.

Ok so went in today for my follow up ultrasound.  I went in 10 days ago (Jan. 18th) after having some spotting. I should have been 6 weeks and the tech only saw a gestational sac.  Today my dr preformed the ultrasound and again we saw the gestational sac which was oddly formed (they mentioned this the last time) and possibly a yolk sac.  Since my gestational sac was weird looking my dr thought that I was possibly experiencing a molar pregnancy.  She immediately sent my upstairs to the radiologists to have them preform another scan and compare.  The radiologist determined that he did NOT think I was having a molar pregnancy but he said it looked more like I had a blood clot/hematoma type spot in my uterus.  This might explain the spotting and then bleeding I had last week.  And they also did see a yolk sac which was good.

My dr said that more than likely this pregnancy is over but the fact that it's progressed from where we were last week she decided to run more blood work today and do another follow up ultrasound next Wednesday.  If my blood levels don't sky rocket and the ultrasound shows no heartbeat or progression I'm going to be scheduled for a D & C next Thursday.  She said she didn't feel comfortable giving me cytotec to induce the miscarriage as I've got a TON of tissue in there that I'd probably end up in the ER if I went on my own.  Plus if there is still a chance this is more like a molar pregnancy, I'd like them to send the tissues off to make sure. 

I never thought I'd be here saying that I'm hoping for just a normal miscarriage.  A molar pregnancy is some pretty serious stuff.  I'll be so ready to have this complete and move on with the next phase of this year.

Thanks for reading and I'm sure I'll be visiting a lot more once my appt is finished up next Wed.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers and it's totally unfair that anyone has to ever go through something like this.  You are all an amazing group of ladies. 

MP

Re: What a whirlwind of a follow-up ultrasound appt.

• Options
    I hope you get some answers soon. I wish you the best of luck. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sorry you have to wait, the waiting is the worst part. Keeping you in my prayers tonight.
  • Options

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  Just like that PP said, waiting is the worst!

Please let us know about your levels when they come back! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!  I've been checking periodically for your update because I was hoping the ultrasound would bring you good news, not additional worry and angst!  The D&C is an easy way to go and it really helped me move on whether than wondering if I was going to start gushing blood and tissue at any given moment.  I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be a molar pregnancy.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  If I can pray for something its that I just have a normal miscarriage. No molar.  The description of that stuff scares the CRAP out of me!!!  I'm actually kind of hopeful my levels don't go up crazy either so I can at least have some peace with knowing it's really over.  I'm ok with the D&C, from the sounds of it will be a much safer route for me and ready to just be done and move on.  Just hope when we finally do get pregnant again that it's much easier and not so stressful.  It's been quite the last few weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"