Baby Names

nickname for Griffin?

someone recently told me that its "Finn" which I dont like b/c thats the last name of my ex!! But, I really like Griffin...any other nickname suggestions?

Re: nickname for Griffin?

• I wouldn't think Finn as the first nn to come to mind. I would think first of Griff... but wasn't that the name of the bully in back to the future?
  • my brother's name is Griffin and we call him Griff a lot-  LOVE that name
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Loading the player...
  • Off the subject but...Carlybella...you're little one is adorable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEmiliana7:
    I wouldn't think Finn as the first nn to come to mind. I would think first of Griff... but wasn't that the name of the bully in back to the future?

It was Biff.

I really like Griffin, and I wouldn't think of Finn as a nickname right away, but I actually kind of like it!

• i think nicknames should come naturally. i say wait until he gets here and see what you call him, rather than trying to plan it in advance.

(that said, i like finn waaaaaay better than grif.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Gryffindor!  Hehe, not much of a nn since it is longer but I would call him that.
  • I'd say Griff, but I bet I'd call a baby/little kid Griffy (we call DS Natey, which we never intended on doing, but that's just what happens).
  • I like Finn.  But I'd probably use G for a nn b/c that's my tendancy.  DH is J, dog is B.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • imageaudreybee24:
    imageMrsBNDO:

imageEmiliana7:
    I wouldn't think Finn as the first nn to come to mind. I would think first of Griff... but wasn't that the name of the bully in back to the future?

It was Biff.

I really like Griffin, and I wouldn't think of Finn as a nickname right away, but I actually kind of like it!

I think Griff might have been the bully in the 3rd movie actually!

I literally just thought, "there was a 3rd movie??" LOL!

ETA: According to my old friend IMDB, there was definitely a third, but still...no Griff.  Just Biff.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099088/fullcredits#cast

• Griff, Griffy

Finn would make sense, but isn't the first I'd think of

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • imageaudreybee24:

Ah, I love IMDB. And actually I was confusing the 2nd w/ the 3rd. The 3rd is when they went to the west. Not my favorite.

Sing it, sister! They should've stopped after 2, IMO Stick out tongue

• Yes, "Griff" was in BTTF 2, set in the future 25 years. Griff was Biff's grandson, I think?

Regardless, here is a Wiki entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griff_Tannen 

• imageMrsBNDO:
    imageaudreybee24:
    imageMrsBNDO:

imageEmiliana7:

It was Biff.

I think Griff might have been the bully in the 3rd movie actually!

I literally just thought, "there was a 3rd movie??" LOL!

ETA: According to my old friend IMDB, there was definitely a third, but still...no Griff.  Just Biff.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099088/fullcredits#cast

Griff is in the 2nd movie.  https://www.imdb.com/character/ch0041857/  Griff is Biff's grandson who picks on Marty's future kid.

And I totally like Griff, Griffy, Griffendor, etc.  I think it's great.

Ken Griffey Jr?  Was that a baseball guy?  (I know, I should just google it.)

• i know a Griffin, and he goes by Griff a lot. Finn is weird IMO.

• NN options are Griff, Griffy and Finn.  If you don't want him called that then just call him Griffin.  But if you do have future children, be prepared that they may shorten his name themselves.  I have an Aidan and his brother started calling him A-dee, so now it has started to be his NN, defintely not on purpose!  Let NNs happen naturally, you may end up with a cute story one day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"