High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD/ size question

So my baby was measuring 8 lbs 5 oz. at 37 weeks.. my doctors don't want to do any inducing until between 39 and 40 weeks......

Anyone else's baby measuring large, and if so, when does you Dr. plan to induce??  I really wanted to avoid a c-section and I am worried he may be too big......   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: GD/ size question

• Options

We have a growth u/s tomorrow.  I'm anxious to find out how much he is weighing.

Other than that, I don't know what their policy is for inducing GD moms. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am in the same boat - my peri last measured her to be 6.5 lbs at 32 weeks.... he told me that his 'cut-off' where they won't let her get any bigger is 4500 grams - which is 9.9 lbs roughly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't get discouraged just yet.  I had a weight U/S at 36 weeks.  Liam measured three weeks ahead and 7.8 pounds,  Yesterday I had another one done (by the same tech) and he was measuring right on target and 8.3 pounds.  It is really tough to determine size through the ultrasound.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've heard in several different places that those ultrasounds can be off by almost 2 lbs sometimes.  Don't get too worried :D
  • Options

Thanks for the responses! 

Frustating though, when I have kept my glucose numbers very under control hoping he would slow down in growth!  My 32 or 33 week ultrasound had him at about 5 lbs then so he has always measured big....

Looks like I will be induced Tues. night - which would be exactly 39 weeks.  I'll let you all know how it goes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"