Parenting after 35
Options

Kandie got me thinking about Conv. Car seat, WDYT?

Do you think it is to soon to stop using the infant carrier for H? Being that he is 17lbs and 27.5" long he is becoming a big guy to carry around. I know I could use the convertable car seat instead of the carrier but its the stroller I am worried about. He can't sit on his own but he can if supported.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Kandie got me thinking about Conv. Car seat, WDYT?

• Options

Just this past weekend we ran out to get a new car seat and umbrella stroller. Here's what persuaded us that it was time for a change:

1. Ada is tall and getting heavy - too heavy for me to lift in the car seat and I can carry a load!
    2. Last week in FL we noticed that her head was less than an inch from the top of the car seat. Her feet have been touching the vehicle seat for many weeks now.
    3. MIL borrowed a front-facing stroller for our visit and Ada LOVED it. Gone are the days of using the car seat in the strollers (Maclaren Easy Traveller and conversion kit for Bob Revolution) as it forces her to face the person pushing the stroller instead of looking out, which she would clearly rather do at this point.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options
    We had the same concerns about Mikey, but we switched about a month ago and he's done fine. He can tripod for a little bit, but that's it, but he's fine in his big boy stroller. He really likes it actually because he's not as cramped as he was in the infant car  seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For the past month, I have used the convertible seat for Grant--before he could sit on his own.  He's done well in it.

FWIW, you don't ever have to use an infant seat--you can go straight into a convertible seat, if that's what you choose to do.  Most people use the infact seat for ease and, IMO, comfort for the baby.

I still use both.  I put him in the convertible when we are out and about.  When we are going out to eat, I put him in the infant seat so that I have someplace to put him in the restaurant since he's not quite ready for a high chair.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSmudges*Mom:

I still use both.  I put him in the convertible when we are out and about.  When we are going out to eat, I put him in the infant seat so that I have someplace to put him in the restaurant since he's not quite ready for a high chair.

Ooooh smart. I like the way you think!

• Options

If your stroller reclines, maybe you could just lean the seat back a bit until he can sit on his own so that he doesn't slump forward in the seat.

• Options
    Yep, we finally decided to switch just last week, for the same reasons Noelle mentioned above, his feet were touching the car seat and his body was getting too tight for the infant carrier, not to mention heavy and the weight limit reached it's peak.  He's now about 19+lbs and the infant carrier only goes up to 22lbs (thank God it only actually weighed 7lbs).  He's just too heavy now.....  I have a stroller that the seat can recline 3x and can face forward or backwards.  So far, he's still comfortable with facing me and reclined a bit....his upper body support is just not 100% there yet.
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"