High-Risk Pregnancy

Dr just called... I have placenta previa...

Ok ladies I am a bit on the nervous and worried side and I need some positiveness right now and prayers!!

One of the dr's at the hospital I see just called to give me my results of my u/s(23wks) I had on Wednesday. He said I have what is called Placenta Previa. He said that I will have another u/s at 28wks to check again. He said no sex, minimum activity, and no bed rest for right now but if I started bleeding to go straight to L&D. Does anyone have this right now? Has anyone that have had healthy babies had this in their past?

Please calm me down!!! This is my 2nd pregnancy, my 1st I miscarried at 12wks with no diagnoses.

Thanks,

Melanie

Re: Dr just called... I have placenta previa...

• First thing - BREATHE!!!! It will be ok!!!

With my DD I had partial previa that did finally clear up around 28-29 weeks and I had a very easy delivery.

With this PG I have an extreme low-lying placenta - it is not covering the cervix, but is so low that it could cause severe bleeding during delivery. So I am now on bedrest so that I do not have any bleeding issues. As of now, I have an induction scheduled for 39weeks so that I can be in the hospital and monitored for the entire labor in case of any complications. But baby is still breech - so I may end up with a c-sec. Either way..baby is completely healthy and has no adverse affects so far.

One of  my good friends had complete previa...she had no complications at all during her PG and was not even on bedrest...however she did have a c-sec.

You still have plenty of time for it to move up and it could..so hold out hope for that...if not it is not the end of the world - you just have to be a lot more cautious. Good luck...I hope it works out for you!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had a complete previa during my 3rd pg and was given a less than 25% chance of it moving due to its location.  It actually moved enough by a 26 wk u/s to be given the green light for a vaginal birth!  I had no bleeding episodes, and everyone turned out just fine!  Keep your chin up!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had that until about 24 weeks last time, then as my uterus expanded it moved. So no worries, my OB said worst case scenerio would be a C-section if it didn't move.

(My pregnancy had a tragic ending, but it had nothing to do with the placenta).

BFP #1- 1/16/09- Baby Ava stillborn at 32 weeks, possible cord accident, 7/30/09
    BFP #2- 1/5/10- Baby Jack born at 37w2d, 6lbs 13 oz, 8/24/10
    BFP #3- 7/30/11- Baby Boy Due April 3, 2012
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you 3 ladies so so much! I am trying to not worry too much. I am just laying here enjoying my lil girl moving. God bless each of you!

Thanks, Melanie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"