High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD ladies - Mexican food question

I really, really want some Mexican food.

My favorite is steak fajitas.  I don't like tortillas (they smell like dirty feet to me lol) so I never eat those.  I just put salsa on the fajitas and eat them with a fork.  I'm thinking since that would be just meat & veggies I would be find eating that now.

I love refried beans.  I know I can have some of that.

The biggest thing though?  Chips!  I love the chips.  I'm thinking if I had a limit I could eat some. 

Any luck with Mexican food?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GD ladies - Mexican food question

• Options
    We went out for Mexican food last Friday - and I had great numbers! Just REALLY limited the chips, skipped the rice and enjoyed my 2 enchilladas! LOL!
  • Options
    I've always gotten good numbers with mexican food. If you're not eating tortillas with your fajitas, you should be fine with some chips. My body processing hard shells better than soft because they're corn based rather than flour. Since chips are corn based, I'd try it, just don't eat the whole basket (it's tempting, I know!)  Also, be careful with the steak, sometimes the fajita steak is a fatty cut, you may be better off with chicken since it's leaner. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We ate mexican food a few weeks ago & my numbers were ok afterwards. They were a little elevated but not by much. I didn't really pay attention to how many chips I ate, so that was probably my problem! GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

my numbers were good with mexican too. in fact i am thinking of having a quesadilla tonight for dinner! yum!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Taco night is usually one of my most succesful nights, number wise :) Ortega makes a whole wheat taco shell that is loaded with fiber. I can have three good-size tacos and not feel deprived at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"