TTC after 35
Options

POAS, not sure what to do..

No charting this month, bd for fun and like it was going out of style during ovulation week. I am d 7,8 or 9 dpo (based on CM, which is fairly accurate for me)....

So, my boobs are huge (usually an indication of pg for me) and I was at target, you know what I bought.

Last hight I used the target brand...very faint blue line. Repeat this morning with an old first response I had in the back of the closet, nothing.

My question is, should I wait to call my RE until I confirm that it wasn't a false positive or go ahead and go in for a beta. I already have a bottle of prometrium from the last tubal. I just don't want to be the girl who cried wolf. 

1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.

Re: POAS, not sure what to do..

• Options

Goodness, I'm hoping for the best.  How old was the FRER - expired? Did you use FMU?

At that early dpo, only go with FMU.  I'm also a fan of the pink lined test and love the FRER (Early Result), not Rapid Results.  I vote for getting another FRER today and using FMU tomorrow. If it is positive after all, you can call your RE for betas tomorrow.

My fingers are crossed for you!

• Options

Yes, I used FMU and I agree that I like the pink better than the blue. Also, with my last tubal, I got a +FRER that correlated with a beta of 14. I think you're right about waiting until tomorrow, although I may call the NP at the office and ask if I should start taking the prometrium just in case (I already have it and what will it hurt), but not go in unless I have another +hpt.

Completely irrational, but I so hope I'm not jinxing myself by even posting this.

1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Unfortunately, Target blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. You're also very early to show a positive on any test, but I wouldn't give up hope. If it were me, I'd test again at 14dpo with a FRER.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with Florida, I would wait until I was about 14DPO.
  • Options
    I'd wait until you are at least 12dpo.  Good luck though!
  • Options

So true about those blue dye tests. They are unreliable. You might be very early as well, so wait a bit and try with another one.

GL! I sure hope this is your cycle!

• Options
    Thanks girls, sound advice! I have to admit I didn't get that thrilled sensation when I saw the blue line, more of a WTH. I just didn't pay attention when I was buying it and realize it was a blue dye. I don't anticipate AF until Monday, so I'll retest then.
  • Options

Exciting news! I'll be searching for a BFP post from you on Monday. Try to relax until then..

• Options
    I hope you get a nice dark pink line on Monday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"