2nd Trimester
Options

NBR: What else could go? *vent*

DH's two cars (yes, he has two), both need fuel pumps so we've been using just my car while we save up the money to fix his. One will cost atleast $1000 and the other he will fix himself but we need a good stretch of nice weather.

While on our way to my OB appt today, my brake line went. So needless to say we didn't make it to the appt. We got home and he pulled it apart to see exactly what's wrong -  the brake line's definitely got a hole but we don't know if the wheel or master brake cylinders have been affected. We need to replace brake line and then see if it works. Not to mention, I need to inspect my car by 2/10 or else we can't drive it.

Have I mentioned - I fycking hate cars.

</endvent>

Re: NBR: What else could go? *vent*

• Options
    Giiiiiiirllll, I feel you. Not too long ago we spent $550 to fix the brakes on my car, and then this morning we had to spend $250 on 2 new tires for DH's van. Cars are the most convenient PITA ever.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Options

I hate cars too!!!!!  I have a '04 Passat and the engine malfunction light has come on 2 times in the past 2 months!!!!  The 1st time it cost $500 to fix the problem....2nd time it cost $100 to be told nothing is wrong with it.....

Well............lo and behold the light came back on today!!!!!!!!!  So, I have to leave work to take it back in and see what the issue is AGAIN!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that! I know how frustrating car issues can be. I had new brakes put on in Sept. '08, and then had to replace them again in November because one of the pads was faulty and had a metal piece sticking out of it that ground a hole in my rotor. SUCH a PITA! Here's hoping you get yours fixed soon.
  • Options

I sooo feel you.  I replaced the tensioner on my power steering belt to the tune of $350 last month--and we TRADED THE CAR in this month.  The timing was terrible--what a waste.  Things just worked out that way, but it still makes me sick.

Hang in there.  

J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"