Single Parents
Options

Has anyone seen...

my confidence and self-esteem??? I can't seem to find it anywhereSad. I used to feel like a force, now I find myself just trying to blend in. I had no idea how hard this could be. Being a mom has totally taken over my life. I need a new hair cut/style desperately. Not to mention NONE of my clothes fit (and I am a few pounds lighter than when I got PG.) I hate leaving my house on the weekend because I have nothing to wear other than t-shirts.

I am going in Feb. to get a major hair overhaul and get some new clothes...I want the old feel good me back...with an extra cute girl as my sidekick!!

Thank you if you made it this far. lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has anyone seen...

• Options
    Hang in there girly!  You are a strong woman and a great mom!  Maybe the February "overhaul" will help you feel better!
  • Options
    I am right there with you.  I will be doing a February "overhaul" too.  I will be getting my hair cut/colored and shopping for a few new outfits to wear to Disney.  I am 36, so mine will include botox too. Embarrassed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG THIS EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been so down, and the cloths not fitting and my hair and no tan is about to kill me! I'm a single mom so I can't afford to buy new cloths, get my hair done, or to pay for a monthly fee to the gym or tan. It's just not fair, and the worse part I have been dating this guy for 2-3 months and he thinks I look great and tells me all the time that I need to have more confidence. Which seems to make it worse. So now on top of it I must be crazy. I just want my flat tummy and happy boobs back! Def have been letting this get me down. I'm so happy you posted this! Not that I want anyone else to feel this way!
  • Options

I bet the February overhaul will be just what you need!  The best revenge is looking good and when you look good you feel great! 

You will have to post pics of your Feb. overhaul and so we can all see the new, even more beautiful you!  And take that XH-he can just sit there and kick himself over and over for letting you slip away!  What a loser!

• Options

I am so glad that other people feel this way. I have no problem spening money on DD, but I am a scrooge when it comes to me (plus there is not much left for me anyway!) I know a lot of my issues are in my head, hearing negative things about yourself for so long is not easy. I just hope I can get it together! Thanks ladies!!

BTW, I think we should all take some time and try to do 1 thing for yourself every month. Whether it is a $10 manicure, getting a new book or taking a nice long bath. We have to remember that we are people outside of being mothers...by doing this we may even become better mothers!Big Smile

• Options
    imagepeeps61308:

I am so glad that other people feel this way. I have no problem spening money on DD, but I am a scrooge when it comes to me (plus there is not much left for me anyway!) I know a lot of my issues are in my head, hearing negative things about yourself for so long is not easy. I just hope I can get it together! Thanks ladies!!

BTW, I think we should all take some time and try to do 1 thing for yourself every month. Whether it is a $10 manicure, getting a new book or taking a nice long bath. We have to remember that we are people outside of being mothers...by doing this we may even become better mothers!Big Smile

well said girly!

• Options

We have to remember that we are people outside of being mothers...by doing this we may even become better mothers!

This exactly. I definitely learned this and that unless I was happy with myself I couldn't be the best mommy. Not to say that I spoil myself by any means, but I do do more for myself than I did when I first separated from my ex.... dd is still number one and I'm sure always will be, but I do things for myself here and there and it makes me feel better!

Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • Options
    I agree 100%. I think I might take me a nice bath tonight.
  • Options
    And I just wanted to say, although Josh never verbally abused me I was in a relationship where I was abused. I stayed with that for 2 years. After hearing all of the hurtful things that he would say it really does start to get to you. It took me a while to get back to my old self. I just had to remind myself that I am not the things he said I was and that's why I had to leave. After almost a year I got back to being my old self. The scars have faded. They are still there but they aren't as visable anymore. Just remind yourself that you are a strong, beautiful, independent woman.
  • Options
    This is how I feel most days also!!  Pre-preggo, I used to get my hair cut, colored, nails and toes done, tanning bed, new clothes all the time, Victoria Secret Bras!!  Now, the only thing I really miss are the haircuts! But like everyone else, I spend my money on the baby and have put myself in the back burner!!  I am 20 pounds from my pre-preggo weight and want a new outfit soooo bad but I just can't bring myself to get anything until I finish losing this weight!!  But I think the overhaul in Feb. will do you good, mentally and emotionally!!!  Yay for you girl...I think when I get my tax check back, I am gonna treat myself to a new do!!
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have been thinking about going and getting a new haircut/style. Pretty sure I am going to sell my engagement ring, put some of the money aside and use some of the money on something nice like that haircut.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"