Babies on the Brain

WDYT?

I have had the past 2 weeks off before school starts.  I have always done most of the chores, but DH definitely helps out around the house.  He mows the lawn and does those kinds of chores.  He also usually cleans the bathroom or does another chore that I assign him.

If DH ever told me, "No, you do it." I would smack him across the face.  He lives here too!  He needs to help out!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: WDYT?

• I teach, so I have summers off. I'm so bored during the day that I do housework to entertain myself. DH is going to be in for a rude awakening once school starts back up. He is ok w/ helping out, but only if I ask. He has yet to help out without being asked. I feel like he's a 10 yo.
  • I just had this exact conversation with my best friend! MH and I work about the same. However, we've each been in the stay-at-home situation while the other worked before. Neither of us expected the one staying at home to do it *all*. I mean, come on, you have to pick up after yourself. It's not hard to rinse off your dirty dish or clean up a spill every once in a while. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • My H is okay about doing certain chores, occasionally he'll throw a load of laundry in or do the dishes after dinner but he absolutely HATES to do anything outside. Hates.It.

I have to beg and plead for him to weed whack, there are trees that need to be trimmed and our landscaping... well, it's been neglected for so long I'm pretty sure it doesn't even count as landscape anymore. Oh and you can forget about him folding any laundry. Yeah right.

• I don't mind doing most of the things around the house, but it comes to the point of - if he wanted a maid, he should have stayed single. My husband still has issues with this and I think its because his mom never made him pick up and do stuff, because she always did. I finally started to say "can you help me and do this..." and if he would say no, then it wouldn't get done. Eventually he would start to catch on once there were no clean dishes, clothes, etc..
  • I do everything and work. He does mow the lawn though
  • That's my biggest frustration... when he doesn't notice that something needs to get done.

Okay, you see a giant load of laundry in the dryer. Instead of piling it on top of the dryer and shoving another load in, why can't you fold the clothes in there? It's not going to put itself away!

• It's frustrating because he's working midnight-8 and has been for the last two weeks. This training exercise won't end for another week. The last time he had a day off was July 20 so he's really cranky.
    I feel guilty but I'm so tired of doing his "chores" too. I asked him for two weeks to mow the lawn but it's been raining or he got some extra sleep while it was nice enough to mow. I broke down today and mowed. I've been doing it all summer and am so frustrated by it.
    He told me to stop asking him to do things that I'm perfectly capable of doing. ::rolls eyes:: I'm thinking of accidentally to put his clothes in the washer when I do laundry again...

I gave you life, then you gave me mine.

TTC February 2008 to October 2008 One year forced break due to OIF deployment #2
    Resumed TTC in October 2009 HSG, Hysteroscopy, S/A all clear
    Five total medicated cycles and IUI #1-3 = BFN and all while we were still "unexplained IF"
    25 August Lap revealed Endo, adhesions and blocked left tube
    September 2011: Femara + IUI #4 (IUI #1 post endo removal) =BFFN
    November: IVF #1: Stims started 11/16 ER 11/25 (7R, 5F) ET 11/30 Transferred 2 beautiful expanding blastocysts +HPT 12/6/11
    Beta #1 at 9dp5dt=153! Beta #2 at 16dp5dt= 4009!

Ultrasound 12/30 showed one beautiful heartbeat! EDD 17 August, 2012

Hazel Evelyn arrived 10 August, 2012!

Surprise natural BFP March 2015. M/C at 5 weeks
    Another surprise natural BFP April 2015

• Scuba...There's no point in even askign MH to fold laundry. His idea of folding is more like...rolling.

It's so frustrating because he's so precise when it comes to packing his shit for the Army!

TTC February 2008 to October 2008 One year forced break due to OIF deployment #2
    Five total medicated cycles and IUI #1-3 = BFN and all while we were still "unexplained IF"
    November: IVF #1: Stims started 11/16 ER 11/25 (7R, 5F) ET 11/30 Transferred 2 beautiful expanding blastocysts +HPT 12/6/11

• My DH is a SAHH. I'm embarassed to admit it, but I do basically nothing around the house. If he specifically asked me to do something, I would, but I will not volunteer to do anything. I do try to keep my own stuff neat, though--I throw dirty clothes in the hamper (don't just leave them lying around), put away folded clothes relatively promptly, rinse off dirty dishes and load them in the dishwasher.
  • Fraggle, it seems that laundry is what would hit most guys the most. :) If you don't do his laundry, he'll be upset if he has stinky clothes! Most other things (dirty dishes, dirty bathroom, etc) guys don't care about.
  • I'm sorry Fraggle, but I am disgusted by how your H is acting.  I would be SO pissed.  He lives in that house, he needs to at least clean up his own sh!t.  Even when DH doesn't volunteer, I can ask him to get something done and he will.  He might not do it right away, but at least he does it.  And he keeps his things relatively neat.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was cleaning the guest bathroom today and as I was cleaning the mirror I thought to myself, when is the last time my H cleaned the bathroom?

I seriously think he's never done it. I'm boycotting.

• You know what though? I doubt he'd even care. He's gone weeks w/o a shower before when he was in the field so I'm sure he could handle some dirty clothes. He's seriously the type of person that if I want him to do something, he won't do it. If I don't like it, he does. I feel like his f'ing mother sometimes.

• Yeah, if my H told me to stop asking him to do things I'm perfectly capable of doing, I'll kick him in the balls.
  • I work and I do everything except for dishes and mowing the lawn.  And sometimes I have to do dishes anyway.  I would be extremely annoyed if I stayed home and asked DH to do something to help me out only to be told that I'mcapable of doing it, but at the same time, if I stayed home, I would probably look at the household chores as my job and do it all.
  • That's what I'm having issues with. I stay home so I know it should be my job to do these things. I ask him to do things because it would be nice to have a little help and then I end up feeling guilty because he hasn't had a day off and is working midnights. I just need to stop asking, then I won't be disapointed!

He's also the type of guy whose mom did everything for him. My friends' husbands are pretty much the same way as my husband. Some even worse than mine. I don't know...maybe it's an Army thing.

• I'm a SAHM and DH does nearly as much (sometimes more) than I do around the house. Just tell him that it's pissing you off and you are staying home to be with him before he leaves, not to be his maid.
  • When I stayed at home, I did everything around the house.  But dh works a physical job and works 50 hours a week.  But also if I would ask dh to do something or help me with something he would.

• Most of the time, he will help me..eventually. I'm the type of person who wants it done...now. He is much more laid back. I don't know why I'm even surprised....it's a cycle that repeats itself every several months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"