Parenting after 35
Options

*Robyn*

I love Aaron's new picture. Does that mean he is done with his therapy or was that a picture during his one hour break. I have to say, his head looks really great.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Robyn*

• Options

Thanks, Noelle. Big Smile

I actually just took off his helmet for a few minutes to get some photos of him playing with his feet.

He still has about 3 weeks left in this helmet and I'm seriously considering a second one to get his head shape closer to "normal".  I have comparison photos in my blog (link in siggie).

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    I just checked out your blog.  Robyn, he looks amazing.  The helmet has made a huge difference.  You still think he will need another one?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh my gosh, Robyn- what a HUGE difference! WOW! If you have to get another one (he looks so good already- is one really being suggested?), can you go with Hangar this time and file insurance?

I love his new pic ;)

• Options

imagefauxshelley:
    I just checked out your blog.  Robyn, he looks amazing.  The helmet has made a huge difference.  You still think he will need another one?

I'm really not sure if he'll need a second helmet or not. I think it pretty much all depends on me and what I want for Aaron.  His cephalic index (measurements for brachycephaly babies) was at 100%.  A normal index for a 4 month old (when he started) is closer to 75-80%.

I'm asking Cranial Technologies for new measurements tomorrow to decide if I go that route.

imageJenniferTCU:

Oh my gosh, Robyn- what a HUGE difference! WOW! If you have to get another one (he looks so good already- is one really being suggested?), can you go with Hangar this time and file insurance?

I love his new pic ;)

I don't want to go with Hanger, even though my insurance would cover it, because they use a passive band with no pressure at all.  From all the research I've done, brachy babies do better with an active band (holding points on the widest part of the head) and a DOC Band does this.

If I DO go with a 2nd band, that's another $3800 out of pocket (the price went up).  I may be crazy for putting us further into debt, but I'll regret it for the rest of my life if I DON'T do all I can for Aaron's future head shape.

I want to get it as close to "normal" as possible--as close to 80% as I can get him. And I know he still has a way to go.

• Options
    This has nothing to do with band talk, I just think Aaron looks seriously adorable grabbing his feet.  Those big eyes and pink cheeks get me every time!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Thanks, Amy.

And thanks ladies for saying his head looks good. :-)

• Options
    That's why I was wondering - because he looked so good - I thought maybe you didn't have to do the last week or two since he was doing so well. It really has worked miracles!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"