Postpartum Depression
Options

made an appt today to see a new person for PPA

my appt isn't until may, 3 weeks before speedfetus 2.0 is due.  it's so weird, the first time around making the call was the hardest part, and i felt so self conscious about what i was saying and the demeanor of the person answering the phone.  i had accidentally called an inpatient facility and i felt SO DUMB that it took me days to get the courage back to start calling people again.

this time the lady on the machine had such a nice voice, and she called me back when they said she would.  I know i don't *need* to see someone just yet, but it's amazing what little changes can make a big difference in how you feel about getting help.

if i could give any advice it would be to make a call as soon as you think you need help. it's hard to do but it's so worth it!

Re: made an appt today to see a new person for PPA

• Options

Speedfetus 2.0. I can tell we would be friends IRL. 

Thanks for the advice. I am kind of dragging my feet. I know I need to see one bc since going off Zoloft I've started to get anxiety about my DH dying but then the next day have so much resentment towards him I want to take my plates and glasses and throw them against the wall.  

Who knows how this anger/resentment/anxiety is going to manifest after LO 2 comes.  

I talk myself into and out of it. This will help me just do it.  

www.jojofromtheblog.com Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I'm glad you did. I know having #2 was a new challenge, and it took me a long time to call.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on the new baby you will soon have!  It is wonderful to hear you have set up an appointment.  Making that first call is so hard, I agree.  But now that you have, you know you will be on the path to feeling better.  And you can be very proud of that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"