Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Must haves for my hospital bag?

2»

Re: Must haves for my hospital bag?

• Options
    Clothes for x amount of days for baby me and dh. snacks brush tooth brush cell phone charger slippers camera batteries robe shampoo/conditioner yummy soap and lotion for me and baby we also brought a game to play with the our other child and things for them to do
  • Options

I WAY over packed, so the BEST advice I can give is to contact the hospital FIRST. The hospital I gave birth in gave me EVERYTHING. Toothbrush, toothpaste, pads, no slip socks, all the snacks and popsicles I could eat. The only thing I remember using was my hair brush and hair ties, my own pillow, and the camera. And other than the clothes to come home in for me and the baby (which my husband could have easily have gotten from home in the 3 days I was there), there was not much more.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't seem to find that Nursing Care Instant Relief System.  I looked online at Target.  What is it... a cream or pill or something else?
  • Options
    I had to have:  my iPod, magazines, slippers, cute PJs (who wants to wear that gown all weekend?!) pressed powder, hair brush, cute slipper socks, note cards from my Dear Baby Box so that friends and family could all write notes to my daughter and a Harper Hat from Tweetlebug Boutique for her first photo!!
  • Options
    We have an ISLA!  We haven't met anyone who's named their baby Isla since our little girl was born almost 3 years ago.  (Other than many girls in Scotland with that name)!  Congratulations!  She's beautiful!
  • Options
    I packed way too much!  Definitely take a spray water bottle!  That worked so much better than a cold wash cloth.  We used the spray bottle in between contractions.  Make sure you choose one that has a fine mist.  Definitely pack a cute outfit for the hospital photo and an outfit to come home in.  Pack your toiletries (makeup, shampoo, toothbrush, etc).  I would only pack one outfit for yourself.  I didn't mind hanging out in the hospital gown.  I would take a laptop, movies (my baby was born during a snowstorm and the hospital had Direct TV which meant, no TV), if you have a boppy, playing cards, and robe.
  • Options
    Toiletries and really comfortable clothes and pajamas. Think 6 - 7 month pregnant clothes. An outfit for the baby. Oh and snacks. That's about it. The hospital really provides most things you need and everything for the baby. I had no time for reading, so forget about books, magazines, etc.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    One thing that no one mentioned is to bring your breast pump (if you have one).  The nurses will show you how to use it if you've never used one before.
  • Options

I had tons of stuff packed for a long labor, but didn't need most of it.  I was really glad I had:

Chapstick, my page from the baby book for the hand/foot prints, camera, cellphone & charger, tea I liked and some snack crackers for the middle of the night, a 52oz Bubba Keg for all the water they want you to drink (kept it cold all night if filled with ice), my own robe, my boppy body pillow, face powder & lipgloss so I felt presentable, your normal bathroom items plus a hair dryer and the one thing I had randomly packed that I was really thankful for... breath mints!  You end up cat napping between feedings so much that it was nice to have something to dispel the perpetual morning breath.

I wish I had brought some of those pre-moistened facial clothes, like Dove face wipes.

• Options
    A boppy is a nursing pillow. So it's for both of you :)
  • Options

SOCKS! I actually gave birth wearing striped purple and green fuzzy socks! I was freezing lol. also an empty bag to put all the stuff you didnt expect to have to bring home with you...like all the gifts flowers and free stuff the hospital gives you.(booklets...formula samples...etc)

good luck!

• Options

You will probably want your toiletries, your own (comfy) clothes, including a nursing tank/bra if you're planning to nurse, CAMERA, slippers/slipper socks....for babe you will want to bring at least one outfit for him/her to wear for pictures & to go home in. Other than that honestly the hospitals supply the majority of everything else for you. I work in OB & we supply almost everything (from nursing pads to laptops you can check out), all you have to do is ask. Of course if you're picky or just like to have your own things then bring your own pads, etc..

• Options
    All you need is toiletries, change of clothes for you LO and SO, camera and cell phone.  The hospital will give you everything else you need.  Pack light, you'll be taking home alot more than you brought in!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I brought a whole suitcase full of everything I thought I would need. I ended up going to the hospital 7 cm dialated and only had an hour of visiting with family who decided to come to the hospital before I started pushing. I didn't get a chance to use my ipod or DS or anything I thought I would need for labor. The only thing I used at this point was chapstick, my camera, and my cellphone. Once I was out of the birthing room and into the recovory room I had my husband bring in my suitcase. I used my laptop, camera, chapstick, tolietries, cellhone, boppy, and breastcream. Then the only other things I used  wear my and LOs going home outfits. Everything else the hospital provided.

But yeah, I'm an overpacker and I definatly overpacked for this birth. hahaha.

• Options

imageWedding on the Beach 2008:
    Comfy clothes...boppy pillow...DEPENDS(one of my girlfriends recomended them and it was so right)

Depends...really. I'm a newly pregnant mama so I'm trying to get a leg up on what's gonna happen and this jumped out at me...oh goodness...haha 

• Options
    ch3lsch3ls member

OK really old post but I had to put in my 2 cents.

My must have  ( well besides the car seat) was bring your own baby wipes & women pads. cause you never know how long you'll have to wait for a refill. the other stuff was useless for me and just stayed in my bag.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Nursing bras and pads
    Robe
    Clothes for coming home in
    Outfit for baby
    Change of clothes for husband
    Pillow and blanket for husband
    Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush, etc)
    Pair of socks or slippers
    Boppy pillow

Honestly ... that's all I really used. I packed pajamas, but I ended up wearing the hospital gown the whole time.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options

Bringing the baby book is great for a first day print but I highly recommend prints in clay.  The baby's hands and feet don't slip or smear the paint when it is done in clay.  We have had them done at Weirdgirl Creations (www.weirdgirlcreations.com) and I know they ship all over the place.  The print is actually impressed in the clay so it is so accurate and captures all of the tiny lines and wrinkles of the skin.  We had two done for grandparent gifts and did at 1 month and 6 months.  They custom paint it- we had her name stamped in along with "1 month" and "6 months" and they are hanging in our living room.  They are awesome and we will have them forever. 

The place we went to was awesome- very unique- I had seen some done before and they were very plain- this place helps you and has you choose your colors and custom design.  I am so happy with the prints.  I have bought friends gift certificates to have prints done there too.

https://www.weirdgirlcreations.com/greenthemesiblinghandprintsinclaywithimpressedborder.aspx

good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"