Postpartum Depression

Zoloft Users..

I am so happy that my doctor gave me Zoloft to help with my anxiety. I was unable to sleep, eat, I was shaking constantly and upset a lot. Since I have been on it I barely feel anxious anymore. The only thing I do see is that I feel "dull". I just feel like all of my emotions are dulled down, not just the sadness and anxiety. Does anyone else feel this way? I can't stop taking the meds because this is still better than feeling anxious. I just didn't know if any of you ladies felt the same.

Also, how long did it take you to feel better and be able to get off Zoloft? After 6 months I won't have insurance anymore and I am not going to be able to afford it. I am hoping to be better and more in control by then. TIA!! :)

Re: Zoloft Users..

• How long have you been on it?  I also just started- I've only been taking it 7 days so far and started with 25 mg which goes up to 50 after tomorrow... I still don't know what to expect in the end.

I was struggling with depression more than anxiety... but in hindsight- I think maybe I was kind of a "brave" personality who was dealing with a lot of anxiety- but muscling through it.  But it was sadness that was bringing me to a standstill and caused me to seek help.  Now that the anxiety is reduced- I'm noticing places where it maybe it used to be.

I do feel sort of "empty" ...like before my seams were totally splitting with sorrow- and now that pressure is gone and I feel limp- I don't have (haven't put) anything else in that space in my brain and my heart and my thought process that used to be overwhelmed with sorrow- I just kind of have overcast grey...   I hope that changes, I know this is just the start- but I am not looking for this drug to put happiness in my life again- I think I'll have to find that and hopefully this will enable me to do that.

• I have been on it for 2 weeks now. I have happy moments I just feel kind of out of it sometimes and all of my emotions are more subdued. I hope it gets better for you too though! I am SO happy to have these boards to read about other women going through the same things I am. It makes me feel less alone!

• Loading the player...
  • Yes I for sure noticed the dullness. I just couldn't get "into" anything. I was on it for 18 months and then weaned myself off (with Dr. guidance) the weaning was hard and I think I could of done it earlier but was just lazy. 
    www.jojofromtheblog.com Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I've been on it for 22 months. I have no plans of going off anytime soon. I love being on it except that it's hard to orgasm. I just don't feel a ton of sensation down south. I never felt "dull" though. 
  • I was on Zoloft for a while and quit cause I didn't feel like it really did anything for me. I am glad to hear that it has worked for you....despite your dull feeling. I also have anxiety issues - so feel dull sounds dreamy to me. I would think that it would be a much appreciated infliction in lieu of anxiety.

I wanted to make one suggestion though.... If your insurance is going to be gone in the next 6 months... perhaps talking to your Dr and letting them know... so, they can Rx you some more so you can stock pile it for the future??? Just a thought.

GL...

• I have been on it for 2 months now.  It was at least a month before I started feeling like my old self, again.  I believe it can possibly take 6 weeks for Zoloft's full effects to be felt.  So give it some more time.  If the "dull" feeling persists, talk to your Dr. about maybe trying a different med.  My psychologist told me most people need Zoloft for at least 6 months, and you should never stop taking it abruptly.  Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSarahGroves11:
      After 6 months I won't have insurance anymore and I am not going to be able to afford it.

Check Target and Walmart for the $4 generic perscriptions.  I know the generic prozac is $4.  I'm guessing Zoloft is too.  Hopefully you wont still need it, but if you do.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Unfortunately it's not on the generic list, but maybe your dr can switch you to one that IS in light of losing yoru insurance--you'd hate to switch too late in the game. 

imageemathis2:

imageSarahGroves11:
      After 6 months I won't have insurance anymore and I am not going to be able to afford it.

Check Target and Walmart for the $4 generic perscriptions.  I know the generic prozac is $4.  I'm guessing Zoloft is too.  Hopefully you wont still need it, but if you do.....

• I'm on the generic form of zoloft and welbutrin.
  • imagejooliagoolia2:

Unfortunately it's not on the generic list, but maybe your dr can switch you to one that IS in light of losing yoru insurance--you'd hate to switch too late in the game. 

imageemathis2:

imageSarahGroves11:

Generic Zoloft is called Setraline. That is what I use and I pay $4 at Targs

Married 10-12-08, DS born 08-23-09, BFP 01-05-13 resulted in a MC 01-09-13 BFP 02-15-13 EDD 10-28-13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"