Nevada Babies
Options

Military - 1st Dr. apt not until 12 weeks??

I called the military hospital to let them know I took a pregnancy test and it was positive, they said come in so we can confirm it.  I went into family practice and they confirmed I was pregnant and they said the women center would call me in a few weeks to scedual an appointment.  So the next day I received a call and they said that I would have to come in for a manditory class on Feb 9th, but I wouldn't see a Dr. until I am 12 weeks.  Currently I think I am about 7 weeks along based on websites I have put my information into. 

Is this normal to wait 12 weeks to be able to see a dr?  Are there any other military mom's out there that can explain this to me?  My husband is military so I have never experinced military health care before, and now I'm wondering if I should push to be able to go back to my OBGYN that I went to before I was married or try and find another one in area??

Any advice would be appreciated.  This is my first pregnancy also.

Thank you!!!

Re: Military - 1st Dr. apt not until 12 weeks??

• Options
    I want to say that 12 weeks is pretty standard for some...but you may want to ask on the 1st Tri board.  I'm doing IVF so I pretty clueless about what the practise is for you "regular pregnant women"  :)  Congrats and good luck!
  • Options
    My Doctor's office usually waits until you are 8 or 9 weeks and I hear this is very normal.  I was supposed to go in at 9 weeks but I had some bleeding at around 5-6 wks so I got in earlier to make sure everything was okay, which it was. :-) Try not to worry too much.  If you are really nervous, I would call the office back and ask if they would please see you earlier for peace of mind 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

10-12 weeks is pretty standard. They want to hear the heartbeat, and want to be SURE that the baby has a heartbeat. The heartbeat usually starts around 8-9 weeks, so really, you are fine at 12 weeks. That's the first time I went in. I know it seems like 'man dont' they want to see me right away? what if something is wrong?' I went through this, but after talking to mroe people, I realized this is normal.

Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"