1st Trimester
Options

concert while pregnant?

My girlfriend and I have been following New Kids on the Block like we're 12 again (lol) and they are coming to town in June.  I would be 6 months pregnant.  I will definitely talk to my doctor about it next week at my appointment, but do you think it's a bad idea?  If the doctor says not to go obviously I won't, but I really want to go!

Re: concert while pregnant?

• Options

By that point, DS was VERY sensitive to sound.  I was at a conference where there was a moment of extremely loud microphone feedback, and he almost jumped through my skin, and then he was very restless for a good while afterward.

That said, I went to my friend's wedding, and he LURVED the string quartet.  I would talk to the OB about it, but mine at 6 months did feel stress from loud noises, and that freaked me out and made me want to protect him from anything like that.

• Options
    I don't know how doctors feel these days, but my mom went to a concert when she was 8 months pregnant with me.
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to a few concerts when I was pregnant, it seemed fine.  They can hear at that age, so you may not want to sit directly next to the speakers :-).
  • Options
    My sister went to a concert 7 months pregnant... don't remember who it was, but it was a loud rock band. She just sat at the back, way up in the stands (cheaper tickets anyway!), and said the baby seemed to be fine with it.
  • Options
    I don't think you should go just because it's NKOTB! Stick out tongue
  • Options
    I see pregnant woman all the time at concerts. I go to a lot of shows, went to 25 last year, I'm hoping I'll still to be able to keep going! Just stay away from the pit :)
  • Options
    I saw Coldplay at 8 months. Very loud, very fun, and DS is AOK.
  • Options

imagejoolz425:
    Just stay away from the pit :)

That would be a sight to see at a NKOTB concert!  LOL! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagethemrsC:

imagejoolz425:
    Just stay away from the pit :)

That would be a sight to see at a NKOTB concert!  LOL! 

I'd imagine bunch of women my age going crazy! Love it!!!!

• Options
    I stopped seeing concerts at about 7 mos, kiddo is fine and passed the hearing test in the hospital. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
     I went to a Casting Crowns concert at 8 months pregnant.  No trace of trouble with DS yet.
  • Options
    I think it will be fine.  I went to a concert when I was 7 mo pregnant with DD and her hearing is fine.  It was a smaller venue, but it was still loud.
  • Options
    DD was also really sensitive to loud sound at that point.  I went to a MN Orchestra concert and she danced around the whole time because of the basses & cellos.  However, I went to a MN Orchestra with Chorus concert a few weeks after that and she was much calmer.  We were sitting further away for that one and, obviously, these were not concerts with speakers & overzealous sound technicians.  I think it probably depends upon where you sit & what the sound techs usually do at that venue (some are more sensitive to balance and some just blast everything and pump the bass, which carries better through bone/tissue/fluids).  
  • Options
    I went to John Mayer when I was pregnant with DD.  She is perfectly fine.  I was around 6 months at the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"