Minnesota Babies

2 ?'s - Old Navy and Nannies

Kind of random, but whatever!

So Old Navy Maternity? I am super impressed with their online selection but went into the MOA store and they had like 2 shirts, a pair of pants, and a clearance rack the size of my foot. It was over the holidays, but I figured it would be a little bigger! Is there an amazing ON maternity section at some store that I'm missing?

Also - does anyone have any advice about nannies or nanny sharing? Like where to find one, where to look for nanny sharing opportunities, etc? Does anyone know what the going rate usually is hourly for nannies? We will only need daycare 1-2 days a week and were hoping to find a part time nanny instead of a center or home.

Thanks so much for any help!

DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
Eliot. Born 6/18/10
Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
D&C 1/10/12
My Blog
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 2 ?'s - Old Navy and Nannies

• imagesensoregurl:

Kind of random, but whatever!

So Old Navy Maternity? I am super impressed with their online selection but went into the MOA store and they had like 2 shirts, a pair of pants, and a clearance rack the size of my foot. It was over the holidays, but I figured it would be a little bigger! Is there an amazing ON maternity section at some store that I'm missing?

Did you look up stairs in the kids area? 

• Yea, that's where I was. Maybe it was just super picked over that day?
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The Old Navy at the Knollwood Mall in SLP seems to have a decent maternity section - not the largest, but probably better than MOA.
  • I think it depend on the area for price of nannies.  I think my friends who were doing it in college (5 years ago) were making $10 an hour.  I know a couple moms who nanny who have found jobs from care.com.  You might also consider looking for a mom looking to take in another kid. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagestefaniepalin:
    The Old Navy at the Knollwood Mall in SLP seems to have a decent maternity section - not the largest, but probably better than MOA.

This.

The Old Navy at Knollwood has an awesome selection of maternity.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I went to the Burnsville ON last year and they said they were phasing out their maternity section and just going online.  Luckily, Knollwood doesn't seem to be following that plan.  I'd go there.
  • imageborc0080:
    I went to the Burnsville ON last year and they said they were phasing out their maternity section and just going online.  Luckily, Knollwood doesn't seem to be following that plan.  I'd go there.

That would be really sad if they did that with all of them.  I never ordered maternity clothes online because they were always so weird to me.  I always had to try things on first and I loved Old Navy maternity.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I will definitely be looking at ON in St Louis Park. Thanks! I can't buy clothes offline either. Things always fit me different than I think they will.

I like that Care.com website - that's just what I'm looking for...hopefully I can find someone good. Finding daycare, even for a couple days a week, is stressful!

Thanks all!

Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was a nanny myself and the best place to look for a nanny is on care.com or a similar website. But make sure that you are VERY upfront about what you expect, and that you interview all the them thourougly because there are some nannies who just aren't experience enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"