Minnesota Babies
Options

Payne2B2008

Just wanted to FYI you, I'm not a vendor. Jessica takes my family pictures. She has done a wonderful job and I wanted to let people know about the deal that she is offering through her mini sessions.

I don't post a lot here but I do on parenting. People are ALWAYS asking who to use as a photographer. Thus, my recommendation.

Re: Payne2B2008

• Options

whether you are the owner of that photo studio or not, the post you made is against the bump TOS. 

You are not allowed to post what is essentially an ad for a vendor...no matter what.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am not looking for some one to take my son's photo & I am sure you don't mean harm

Edit - Ok I just want back & looked at your old post. There is a fine line between vender reviews & looking like a Vender.

Personally I love reading vender reviews but I don't like seeing vender like post on here  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

FWIW, I will continue to post as I see fit. If you don't like, don't open it.

• Options

Oh and here is the mini session info for those that are looking at this thread.

https://blog.jmphotomn.com/

You'll notice she was also published in the knot magazine for a wedding she did.

• Options

I don't see anything wrong with the post. It does give a vendor-like vibe, but as far as I'm concerned, it's no different than having someone post to ask for recommendations and having fellow Bumpies reply. I know, I personally was WAY excited about my engagement pic photographer a couple years ago and wanted to shout it to the moon, and did so on The Knot. Doesn't mean I had any affiliation with the vendor himself, which I didn't.

So, just my $.02.

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Listen, with all due respect we don't care about how wonderful she is and if she's got some wicked mini session deal going on right now.  If we want a photographer recommendation we'll ask for it, you don't have to come over here once a month and post about how awesome she is.

Every post you've made over here in the last two months has been about this photog, and her specials.  You like her that's great but there are a ton of other photographers on this board and they don't whore out their services nearly as much as you're doing for this lady. 

Perhaps if you came over here more often and posted about things that are relevent to that day's conversation we'd be more inclined to listen to you, but I am not, and for future reference I won't be responding to or looking at any of your posts.

And if I want picture's of my DS I'll call one of the other 4 photographer's on the board that I know that don't whore out their services.

• Options
    imageJanell's Nest:

Perhaps if you came over here more often and posted about things that are relevent to that day's conversation we'd be more inclined to listen to you...

This is a good point.

• Options
    Also, I must point out  --- in the original post, Payne had responded to someone else entirely in that thread, not mommytogriffy. And she was correct in that response because it was a blatant vendor post BY the vendor, and I had it removed. She wasn't replying to mommytogriffy at all.

• Options

imagechaoticmum:
    Also, I must point out  --- in the original post, Payne had responded to someone else entirely in that thread, not mommytogriffy. And she was correct in that response because it was a blatant vendor post BY the vendor, and I had it removed. She wasn't replying to mommytogriffy at all.

This is true.  It was someone who had the name of their photography business as their SN, and a link to their business in their siggy.  I'm guessing this person was banned.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagechaoticmum:

I don't see anything wrong with the post. It does give a vendor-like vibe, but as far as I'm concerned, it's no different than having someone post to ask for recommendations and having fellow Bumpies reply. I know, I personally was WAY excited about my engagement pic photographer a couple years ago and wanted to shout it to the moon, and did so on The Knot. Doesn't mean I had any affiliation with the vendor himself, which I didn't.

So, just my $.02.

Ditto. I may not always be looking for a photographer/other vendor but I like reading good reviews and may keep them in mind when I am looking for someone. I think Jessica takes amazing photos and was interested to hear that she does mini sessions.  I guess unless you are a vendor and blantantly advertising your business I really don't see what the issue is.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepreg_amy:

imagechaoticmum:

This is true.  It was someone who had the name of their photography business as their SN, and a link to their business in their siggy.  I'm guessing this person was banned.

She was.

• Options

imagechaoticmum:

Ahhh, that makes sense. I was wondering why she quoted someone else. I didn't realize there was a response deleted. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Either way. I'll continue to update when there is a mini session. If you don't want to read it, that's fine by me!

• Options
    imagemommyofgriffy:

imagechaoticmum:

Ahhh, that makes sense. I was wondering why she quoted someone else. I didn't realize there was a response deleted...

I actually requested to have that post removed too, so that the vendor posters response would be gone completely, but that one wasn't deleted. At this point, Payne could just delete it herself, I believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"