Minnesota Babies
Options

Convertible Car Seats

Does anyone recommend their convertible car seat? We're not out of her infant car seat yet but the end is near. Any opinions (good or bad) are appreciated!

Re: Convertible Car Seats

• Options
    I love our Britax Marathon.  They are a little pricier but worth it.  They are rated very high in quality and safety.
    imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

• Options

We have the Graco My Ride. 

As a car seat tech, I look for a high rear facing weight limit, with a decent shell height.

My top picks for convertibles are: Sunshine Kids Radian, First Years True Fit, Graco My Ride and Safety 1st Complete Air. They all have high rear facing limits, with good shell height. 

Britax car seats are no more safe than the $50 cosco scenera. Don't buy into the pressure to buy the most expensive seat. The safest seat is the one that fits your kid, fits your vehicle and that you will use 100% correctly 100% of the time.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I also have the Graco MyRide 65 and we love it.  It's so easy to use.  DS seems pretty comfy and it looks nice.  I love the high RFing and FFing weights and it has a tall shell.

Our second choice was the True Fit.  We didn't get it because we couldn't find anywhere that we could look at it before purchasing (we could only find it online).  But otherwise we would have chosen that one.

I got the MyRide from BRU for $127 (I had a 20% off coupon). 

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We also have the Graco MyRide. DS #2 is large at 27lbs so we went with something that had the 40lbs RFing limit.

• Options
    imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

We've been researching them and this is the one we plan on buying when our LO is ready.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have the Evenflo Symphany and LOVE it. DD is big for her age, always has been, and she still fits in it perfectly, and will for a long time. It was super easy to install and I would recommend it.

I've also hear great things about the Graco MyRide as well.

Ashley & Christian
  • Options
    DD uses the Evenflo Triumph Advanced.  I really like it and would recommend it.
  • Options
    DS uses the True Fit and we really like it. I did research for about 3 weeks before deceing. It has a great safety rating. The only con I have is that it is a big...
  • Options

Thank you for posting this question as I am also looking for one

imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

As a car seat tech, I look for a high rear facing weight limit, with a decent shell height.

My top picks for convertibles are: Sunshine Kids Radian, First Years True Fit, Graco My Ride and Safety 1st Complete Air. They all have high rear facing limits, with good shell height. 

Britax car seats are no more safe than the $50 cosco scenera. Don't buy into the pressure to buy the most expensive seat. The safest seat is the one that fits your kid, fits your vehicle and that you will use 100% correctly 100% of the time.  

Thank you for posting as I planned on asking you about it yesterday but forgot all about it. 

• Options
    we really like our alpha omega elite (BRU).. has worked the past 2 years and now are moving it to the booster seat mode. 
  • Options

imagemrs.bridgettkay:
    I love our Britax Marathon.  They are a little pricier but worth it.  They are rated very high in quality and safety.

Ditto.  We have one for each of our cars and love it.  

• Options
    We have the MyRide as well.  I would definately try it out at BRU before buying it, though.  It fits well in my car but it is really hard to get leveled (with the little ball) in my husbands SUV.  I don't know why as his seats are flat but even so I think we will be looking for a different brand for his vehicle.  Max loves it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"