1st Trimester
Options

Thinking of a VBAC but have a keloid c-section scar...

Did anyone else wind up with a keloid scar after their c-section and then have a VBAC? Did you have any complications/issues?

My twins were born via c-section for FTP, but since we want a big family I want to get on the VBAC bandwagon now and avoid another c-section if I can.  My only worry is this thick keloid scar I now sport and whether or not it'll impact my VBAC chances. 

Re: Thinking of a VBAC but have a keloid c-section scar...

• Options

i have a very thick scar too. i thought it was a keloid too, until i googled pictures and discovered that it wasn't! it's just very thick scar tissue that is raised above the skin, and red. looks like a rope.

i intend to have a VBAC and talked to my MW about it. she said it wouldn't be a problem at all for labor purposes, but that during pregnancy, i would want to pay particular attention to keeping it moisturized. 

after i thought about it, whether i have another c/s (heaven forbid) or a VBAC, i still will carry this baby for 9 months and that's where the problem comes in, with the skin, not internally. 

G/L to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

What is a keloid scar?

I am also hopeing to VBAC, hope it works out for you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't think it would be an issue, since it probably doesn't impact the integrity of your uterine scar.  I would talk to your OB/MW though.  There are several mamas who have had VBACs with keloid scars on the Mothering.com forum.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"