Baby Showers
Options

RE: Diaper genie

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not before, so sorry if it has been. I had my shower yesterday. We registered for and received the Diaper Genie. Wow, opinions flew left and right at the shower about this! I was curious what everyone thinks about the Diaper Genie. TIA!

Re: RE: Diaper genie

• Options
    I think for the cost of the DG, and replacement bags, plus extra hassle of using it, throwing dirty diapers in a left over grocery store bag, tying it up and tossing it in the trash was equally effective and more efficient.  A lot of older people are totally against most of the "new-fangled" things we have for babies, simply because they were able to survive without them (and don't see why we waste money on "unnecessary" things).  But, hey, lots of people use them, so...
  • Options
    I didn't use one...but wish I had one.  My DD used one (not sure if it was that brand).  She was able to use regular tall kitchen garbage bags.  It was nice to just put away the soiled/wet diaper while the baby is still on the changing table.  I'm not sure if she saved it for the next one or if she plans to purchase a new one.  When the baby gets older (toddler) she didn't use hers...it was best to just take the diaper to the trash after putting it in a plastic grocery bag (recycle).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it smells foul and isn't worth it.
  • Options

If you have the DG1 we found it saved a lot of money on refills if we only twisted after a poopy diaper, and didn't twist after pee diapers.

If you have the DG2 then disregard this advice because I don't think it will make sense.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DH and I were just talking about this....Diaper Genie was probably the most pointless thing we registered for and received.

Start saving plastic bags from the grocery store or Walmart....and tie the dirty diapers in those.....same thing.

• Options
    I have the Diaper Genie II and I LOVE IT!!  I breastfeed Cadance and the smell is just awful, I know all poo stinks!!  We only take out the garbage 2x a week and I can not imagine what the smell would be like if not for the wonderful Diaper Genie!!  The refills last forever because I cram those diapers in until you can't possibly fit another one in!! The refills last me a couple of months!  I love, love, love it!!
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Had a Diaper Genie for a month with DD#1.  Seemed like a waste.  Was given a Diaper Champ shortly after.  Used it for about a month.  We ended up using plastic grocery sacks and tying the diapers up and tossing them.
  • Options
    imageConnor's mama:

DH and I were just talking about this....Diaper Genie was probably the most pointless thing we registered for and received.

Start saving plastic bags from the grocery store or Walmart....and tie the dirty diapers in those.....same thing.

Great advice!

• Options
    i LOVE our DG! ds is EBF so his poop doesn't smell that bad but it does have an odor and the DG keeps that at bay. we only change it, even when he would poo 5 x's a day, twice a week maybe and never have any foul smelling issues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've had the DG 1 for our dog's wee wee pads and have always been very happy with it.  At this point, its about 3 years old, so we did register for the DG2 for our shower and are looking forward to it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My friend who just had a baby in Nov swore by her diaper champ--because it uses regular trash bag. We're probably going to register for the same thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"