Maryland Babies

TTC in HoCo - OB/Gyn Recs

Hello ladies!  We're TTC and live in Clarksville, MD.  I'd like to get set up with an OB/Gyn practice in HoCo sometime soon.  If anyone has any recs for practices and/or specific docs I'd be much appreciative.

TIA!

lovelylittleworld
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d

Re: TTC in HoCo - OB/Gyn Recs

• Hi,

I have been going here for the past two years. They are located in columbia, near HCC.

https://www.beh-ob-gyn.com/

• Please don't go to Mayor Hogan and Esposito!  There are a lot of other great OB/GYN in the area.  I think there is a practice right by you who I have seen others highly recommend.  Can't think of the name off my head but it is right there by the fire station at the village center.  Hopefully some one else will chime in. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies.

Oct - It's funny.  I hear such extreme views on both sides re Esposito's practice.  Did you have a negative experience with them?  As for the one near me - do you mean Capital Women's Care in Clarksville?  If so, I will give them a call.

lovelylittleworld
  • Yes, I had the worse eperience of my life with them.  One of the Drs. left a ton of retained placenta in me (had a C-section too) and I almost died (not even exaggerating).  Ended up hemorraghing so much blood that I had 6 units of blood put back in me (basically all my blood), rushed to ER, had a few surgeries from the mistake, developed a nasty infection.  Almost 3 years later still dealing with the Dr. mistake.  The Dr. is no longer there but I can't even begin to tell you what I have gone throught with that practice.  I would hate for someone to lose their life b/c of someones mistake at that practice.

Yes, Capital Women's.  I know a couple of people that go there and they love it.  Good luck

• Omg - I'm so sorry you had to go through that!!  I gave Capital Women's a call earlier today...if they're a reliable practice then that's WONDERFUL because they're really close by.  Thanks so much for the warning.  I was having second thoughts about them regardless because there are so many doctors in the group and I would never want to be in a position where I was going into delivery with someone I hardly knew...but to say the least your story closed the door on them as an option.
    lovelylittleworld
  • Rags - I currently go to Capital Women's Care in Clarksville and have been very satisfied with their practice.  If you have any specific questions, you can either PM me or I'm a semi-regular over at the Baltimore Nest if you want to page me there.  Good luck!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I highly recommend Johns Hopkins Community Physicians in Columbia. ?All four doctors (3 women, 1 man) and the midwife are really great. ?My first prenatal appointment was at 5 weeks, which is earlier than most practices seem to schedule it. ?No complaints at all, really kind doctors who know their stuff. ?
  • I go to Capital Women's Care as well. Went there with Brendon and now with Baby C. They are a great practice. They respond promptly and I love the doctors. The practice consists of 4 doctors(3 women, 1 man) and they also have 2 midwives. The midwives do not deliver babies. The doctors are all very nice. I noticed when I was delivering Brendon that the doctor on call is actually there at the hospital not elsewhere. Dr Davis was my delivery doctor and he was there to check on me every hour. It was very reassuring. Like ngentile, if you want any other info, you can PM me or send me a message on FB since we're friends on there :) Good luck!!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Thank you, thank you!!  I've made an appointment with CWC for early February.  Can't believe they're right in Clarksville!  I might make an appointment with the Hopkins group too at some point for the sake of comparison. Will let you know how it goes.  Smile
    lovelylittleworld
  • imageRagdolls:
    Thank you, thank you!!? I've made an appointment with CWC for early February.? Can't believe they're right in Clarksville!? I might make an appointment with the Hopkins group too at some point for the sake of comparison.?Will let you know how it goes.? Smile

If you do make an appointment at JHCP, ask for Dr. Rojas. ?As a resident at Hopkins, he wrote the pre-conception counseling/prenatal care chapter of the Hopkins OB/GYN manual.?

• Ditto the others on CWC, Dr. Davis did my c-section and I was very happy w/ them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Do not go to Esposito. I delivered my son with them  in 1998 and Esposito (the younger one ). He left part of the placenta in me too! I kept calling them telling them I was bleeding heavy and they said it was normal. 10 days after I delivered I started hemmoraging (did I spell that wrong?) and was rushed to the emergency room with a ton of blood loss and needing an emergency D&C to clean up his mess. I will NEVER recommend anyone to that practice EVER.
  • I work in the OB field, and personally from experience would go to JHCP before CWC (I know this post was forever ago! haha)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"