Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Can you hire someone to JUST do laundry?

Is that even possible. Can I call the maid and just say "come over and do all the laundry and nothing else?"

Probably not, right?

<--- lazy biitch

Re: Can you hire someone to JUST do laundry?

• Options

There's a dry cleaning service in our area that picks your clothes up at your door---check out City Cleaners :)

• Options
    how much you paying and where do you live Wink lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you find someone, send them to my house after yours.  I hate laundry.
  • Options
    i've been doing laundry since i was 6 or 7 (it was my chore growing up). it's actually therapeutic for me... except i hate folding socks!
  • Options

I like doing laundry. I'll do it and in return, you can clean my bathroom. LOL

<---freak who actually enjoys doing laundry

• Options
    My husband said when we move I can hire someone for 1 day a week to do what I need and I really think I will use them for laundry and dusting the 2 things I hate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~*DUE MARCH 5th 2014*~

• Options
    imageahartzle:

There's a dry cleaning service in our area that picks your clothes up at your door---check out City Cleaners :)

That is the best idea ever!

• Options
    imageMarried2mybff:

Totally agree. I'd rather do 42 loads of laundry then clean 1 bathroom. DH and I have a deal.... He does the bathrooms (we have 4)... I do everything else.

Totally fair IMO. I hate them that much.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Does doing the laundry include ironing?  I really hate ironing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMarried2mybff:

You've got yourself a deal, darlin'

• Options

imagerainlily:
    Does doing the laundry include ironing?  I really hate ironing. 

You know when I iron? Christmas, Easter and whenever there is a funeral to go to...maybe a wedding but that's if I am feel ambitious.

• Options

We send ours out to a chinese laundromat who does it all, folds it and then wraps it up and voila. 

You pay by the lb. It costs about $60 to do 2 weeks worth. Totally worth it. 

• Options
    imageTraycee1242:
    imageMarried2mybff:

Totally agree. I'd rather do 42 loads of laundry then clean 1 bathroom. DH and I have a deal.... He does the bathrooms (we have 4)... I do everything else.

I would die if I had 4 bathrooms to clean. We only have one, and we live in an apartment so it's not even a big bathroom! I hate cleaning it though. DH would do it, but when he does it's not up to my standards so I find it easier to clean it myself. Hahaha

• Options
    The only thing I hate more than laundry is putting it away.  The reason why we have been living out of laundry baskets lately.
  • Options
    imageHeyyRed:

We send ours out to a chinese laundromat who does it all, folds it and then wraps it up and voila. 

You pay by the lb. It costs about $60 to do 2 weeks worth. Totally worth it. 

That is MUCH cheaper then I had expected.

$120 a month is worth it.

• Options
    imageTraycee1242:
    imageMarried2mybff:

we have this same deal.

• Options
    Ive been thinking of offering services to do JUST that on craigslist or something. I was thinking of advertising it just to new moms, do dishes, laundry ect. Just little things we usually let pile up with babies around. I need some extra cash but havnt gotten anything set up yet. I think id be exhausting so Im waiting until I REALLY need to do it.
  • Options
    I'm doing laundry now...let me know if you find someone and send them my way! (washing new baby outfits to replace the ones he outgrew..so it's like 2 loads more than usual *sighs*).
  • Options

imageToyLes0922:
    I'm doing laundry now...let me know if you find someone and send them my way! (washing new baby outfits to replace the ones he outgrew..so it's like 2 loads more than usual *sighs*).

The first time I got to wash all his new baby outfits back when I was pregnant it was "fun". I loved nesting.

Now that I had to wash all his new 6mos stuff....while holding a screaming baby...not fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"