Success after IF
Options

RP from IF: when does OHSS start?

i know that some women here had OHSS, and i'm wondering when it normally starts? i've been weighing myself and monitoring fluid intake and urination very carefully since i started stims. i had no weight gain while on stims--then since the hcg shot i've gained three pounds in three days (ER was yesterday) and my stomach is very painfully distended. i've also had a significant decrease in urination frequency even though i'm drinking tons of V8, smart water, and water. does OHSS ever start this late in an IVF cycle?

thanks very much for any info!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RP from IF: when does OHSS start?

• Options
    good luck to you!  I had mild OHSS and it was definitely after ER.  it lasted for awhile after BFP.
  • Options
    I had SEVERE OHSS - it led to a lovely hospital stay... but it didn't kick in until around the time I got a BFP and it got worse in the days after.  Trust me, you will know if you have a problem!  I gained 13lbs in 2 days and my stomach looked like I was 5 months pg at 4 weeks.  Also watch for shortness of breath.. that was a major sign.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi girl! Glad to hear an update about you (sorry it's not a good one!) 

I had severe OHSS it started after a bit before, but mainly after my ER. Now what they told me was NOT to drink water only have Gatorade and V8 I think I might of made it worse by trying to drink a ton of water. I would guess that was the same for smart water. GL ! Update me on your ER! I am routing for you!

• Options
    It took a month for my OHSS to go away.  It started about 3 days after transfer and progressively got worse.  Gatorade, Vitamin Water and Pedialyte were my best friends for a month before things started to get better.  It was painful and uncomfortable but so worth it to get a BFP! 
  • Options
    I had severe OHSS and mine started a day or two after ER.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't get OHSS but my doc and nurse said the only thing that saved me from not getting it was eating and drinking tons of salt. Gadorade is good but V8 has 2-3x more salt than gadorade. Canned soups, pickels, beef jerky, chinese take out - all stuff that has a ton of sodium. Eat and drink up.

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"