Baby Showers
Options

Evening Baby Shower?

Hello. I am in the very early stages of planning a baby shower for my best friend. She is a nurse and would like to invite many of her work friends to her shower, which means we would need to have it later in the evening so they could attend, like around 5 or 6pm. I've never been to an evening baby shower, how do you think that will go over with people? Also, if we do end up having it later,I need some ideas to get the planning started. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

Re: Evening Baby Shower?

• Options

I personally would not mind an evening baby shower.  It breaks from tadition and makes things a little more cozy I think.  Luncheon and mid day baby showers always seem to be so bright and sunny (which is NOT a bad thing when celebrating a baby) but an evening shower gives you the chance to do something a little more cozy and warm. 

If the shower is going to be in the winter you could do a warm cider punch and maybe even pie if you want an alternative from cake.  If you do it after 6 you wouldnt necc need to do a dinner either, appitizers and finger foods (baby sized foods, like foods made smaller) could be cute too, adding to the Baby trend.  You could even do a "goodnight moon" theme if that is a book that the mom to be enjoyed or plans on sharing with the baby.  Or you could do the whole thing like a coffee house theme depending on the space you are using, with soft music and different kinds of teas and coffees to offer the guests (decafe of course for the mom to be), very loungy...almost like a moms night out celebration.

Im just throwing some ideas out there.  But I hope this helps and good luck!

• Options

Personally I like the idea of having an evening shower - I have only been to one and it was a couples baby shower. In my opinion that still gives most people a full weekend day vs having a shower in the middle of the day so you are basically getting ready for the shower in the morning and then by the time its over you have to rush home for dinner or other obligations.

I think an evening shower is the perfect time for warmer foods like heated dips, soups, or even pastas. Although I think it would definitely depend on what season as to what you would want to serve.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    oooohhh, I am loving these ideas!!! Thank you!!!
  • Options
    I've never been to one, but it sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    I really like this idea too!  If you did it after the dinner hour, you could do a cupcakes and cocktails theme. (Obviously only if alchol at the shower is ok with the mom to be).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Two of my showers were evening showers (friends shower and work shower) and it was fine.  The work shower wasn't until 7 pm and there was only munchies and cake and about 9 people.  It was very nice.  Ended early...like by 9 so everyone could make it to work the next morning.

If you have it early...6 pm I would have a meal since most people will not have eaten before coming to the shower.  Usually evening showers will get a fairly good turnout because women are able to come without their kids and rarely do they have something else going on...especially if it is during the week.

• Options
    I think an evening baby shower is a wonderful idea!
  • Options

I have thrown 2 evening baby showers.  Both Moms-to-be didn't want their showers on the weekend b/c of ruining someone's weekend.

They both were around teh 6-630 time frame.  We did no baby theme but rather whatever flower was in season.  We did a bunch of salads and sides with a cooked turkey breast and roast beef.  So you could either have meat and sides or sides and makes small sandwiches with the meat.  We did cookies and cupcakes for dessert.

Everyone loved it b/c it was after work, they came straight there.  Had something to eat dessert and got to see friends and family and presents and then were all gone before 830-9 b/c it was a work night.

Was perfect!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"