Orange County Babies
Options

DS hates the bath now... what to do?

DS loved his baths! since the day 1! Till this week he loved his bath! He would sit there splashing around, kicking the water, blowing bubbles on the water... then couple of days ago he started standing out of his tub and started screaming to get out.... we thought may be he got soap in his eyes so we tried it with out soap and still... now he just refuses to sit in his tub... he will stand there while I wash him and less then 3minutes into it he would start climbing out on to my arms and start screaming and crying...

He even use to love showers and now he screams when he hears the shower turn on... 

DH and I are just so confused... how could a baby go from loving his bath one day to screaming to next...

Is this another phase that I should know about? 

TIA!

Re: DS hates the bath now... what to do?

• Options
    DD also recently started acting that way. SHe refuses to sit down when i put her in the tub. Then i'm left to wash her while she's standing up. Eventually I get her to sit by using toys. I bought some new trinkets for the bath. Once she starts playing  with them, she forgets about hating the bath.
  • Options
    have you tried taking a bath with him? a few times i've resorted to this, when ds was extremely fussy, and it worked! i just wrapped him in a hand towel, to provide a gription, and it worked. i waited for dh to be home to assist.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"