LGBT Parenting
Options

Progesterone...

RE's office just called and she'd like me to come in for a blood test to check progesterone levels 7 dpo. Did anyone else need do this? I remember her telling me that all my initial blood work looked good so I'm a little surprised by this call. I need to spend some more time researching via my buddy google, but my initial research tells me that any level above 10 (unmedicated) at 7 dpo is good. Thoughts? TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Progesterone...

• Options

A 7DPO Progesterone test is used to tell you how likely it is you ovulated and how 'powerful' that ovulation was.  Yes, I believe for unmedicated above 10 is good.  That is all it will tell you though, your likely hood of ovulation or confirmation there of.

• Options
    Our RE did a 7dpo progesterone check every cycle as a matter of course. I was also on supplements after the first cycle.
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mine checked twice. One initial with my OBGYN and another time with our RE.
  • Options
    I wished my RE had routinely checked, as my first loss was marked by low progesterone.  I couldn't help but wonder if it would have helped to be on progesterone from 3dpIUI... so I did insist on that for cycles 9 and 10.
  • Options

Good info. Thanks for responding!

• Options
    my wife was checked more than once, although i don't remember her having to go every cycle. i'd have to go back and check...it's normal, though, and definitely doesn't mean anything is wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"