Breastfeeding
Options

latch trouble

baby is almost a week old. She latches for a very short period of time like a minute or two and then pushes away. She's definitely hungry. But she just won;t stay latched on. Please help. It's almost depressing that my baby doesn't want to nurse.

Re: latch trouble

• Options
    I have been having the same problems and I have just been relatching.  It is discouraging for me too and the initial latch hurts, so I really wish he would just stay on.  Just keep trying and don't give up.  Breastfeeding is so hard!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Honestly, I'd really recommend finding a lactation consultant. Mine helped me SO much in the early days. I'd never be BFing today if it weren't for her.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used a nipple shield until about 10 weeks. The first time DS even latched on for more than about a minute alone was at a month old. Shields can be a pain, carrying them everywhere, but without them I wouldn't have been able to BF. Definitely talk to a lactation consultant. They really are great!
    ~Julie image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"