Missouri Babies
Options

Exercising after baby

Hi All! I was wondering what everyone's experience has been in regards to exercising after giving birth. 

I've told tons of different things- like I can't workout at all for 12weeks?!, only walking for the first 6 weeks, etc.

I assume it will be tough and I won't feel that "hot" about it but what has everyone else really experienced?

Re: Exercising after baby

• Options

I waited until after my 6 week pp check up to work out. I was out shopping 4 days after having dd for extended periods of time.( I hated sitting at home) I also paid the price and my bleeding increased, and started having pains/pressure feeling like somthing was falling out.

I would take it easy for atleast 3-4 weeks after. Just listen to your body and if bleeding increases slow down.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had a c/s so I am sure my story is different. I wasn't supposed to do stairs, any sort of house work, or lift anything heavier then my girls for about 3 weeks pp and then even after that I had to take it very slow. I have never been one to do much exercise, but I did take the girls for short walks and slowly made them longer. Luckily last year we had some pretty great weather at this time of the year so I was able to get out and about.

Like others have said, take it easy and follow the ques your body is giving you, you will know when it is time to slow down. Also, ask your OB what they recommend since they usually know what they are talking about.

M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"