Alabama Babies

Neat Casserole Party Idea!

Last night I went to a casserole party and thought it was such a neat thing to do.  This would be an awesome thing to do right before giving birth in order to stock the freezer with meals.  It's basically like a Dinner's By Design Concept, only you do it at someone's house and it is less expensive and more fun! 

Everyone decides ahead of time what recipe they want to make (something that freezes well).  Once you know how many people are attending (we had 8 people) you go buy enough ingredients for your recipe for that many people to make it.  You also buy that same number of disposable foil casserole dishes.  Then, you do some prep work at home like browning all the meat, cutting up veggies, etc.  Finally, everyone gets together and you all take turns making each recipe...basically just assembling them all.  At the end, you leave with lots of different meals to take home and freeze for your family. 

It's pretty cost effective too.  I spent about $60 on the ingredients for my recipe for everyone and my disposable dishes.  Seems like alot at first, but when you divide that by 8, which is how many meals I left with, it comes out to $7.50/meal.  Each meal that I left with will serve at least 4 people. 

Last night, my recipe was breakfast casserole.  I also came home with:
Swiss Chicken
BBQ Meatloaf
Taco Soup
Chicken Pot Pie
Lasagna
Sausage & Wild Rice Casserole
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

I'm thinking of hosting one at my house after I go through these meals.  It really was alot of fun and I love that I don't have to cook for the next 2 weeks!

Re: Neat Casserole Party Idea!

• That is such a fun idea! Do you have any of those recipes?
  • After I did Dinners by Design - I totally thought this would be a great idea.  I would LOVE to participate next time too! 
  • Loading the player...
  • That is a very neat idea!
  • imagesdkrlm:
    After I did Dinners by Design - I totally thought this would be a great idea.  I would LOVE to participate next time too! 

Let me know!! I have done Super Suppers a few times and it gets pricey. I would love to do this!!

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagehamillm:
    That is such a fun idea! Do you have any of those recipes?

The hostess will be emailing all the recipes to me.  I'll share them when I get them!

• sounds like fun, how long were yall there?  Did you just prep the meals or actually make them all (baking them and such)?!?!?

yes, would LOVE the recipes!!!

• This does sound like fun. I think Rachel has done something like this before?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• imageaubie96:

sounds like fun, how long were yall there?  Did you just prep the meals or actually make them all (baking them and such)?!?!?

yes, would LOVE the recipes!!!

It took about 3 hours for us to make the 8 meals.  We just prepped them...we did not bake them.  Just freeze when you get home and take them out & put in fridge to thaw the night before you want to have them, then bake! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"