Rhode Island Babies
Options

How long before getting tested?

Hello

I've been looking at the Reproductive Science Center's website trying to decide if I should make an appointment or not.  Got pregnant right away (well before we ever thought we would) in June after being off birth control for one month.  Had a miscarriage in August. No real reason why, I guess it's more common than we think. Have been trying again since Sept. For some reason I hoped it would happen as quickly as it did the first time.  I try to remind myself it will take time and we really haven't been all that long.  My fear is that I will get pregnant,have another miscarriage and wish I had gotten tested to see if they could find any reason as to why I would have a miscarriage.  Anyone have a similar situation? Did you wait until 2 or 3 miscarriages before getting tested?

Re: How long before getting tested?

• Options

Talk to your OBGYN. Typically you have to have been trying for 1 yr or have had a specific problem to be referred to a RE.  Your OBGYN can run basic tests and save you from the stress and expense of an RE.

ps. If you do have to see an RE the reproductive sci center is great!

• Options
    It can take a year for a healthy couple to get pregnant. I am sorry to hear about your loss tho. I recommend using https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ to chart your cycles, that way you know when you are ovulating. It is very easy and the site has great tutorials that you can use. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ditto pp. Also, my doctor didn't order any testing until my second loss.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    imagepovo:

Talk to your OBGYN. Typically you have to have been trying for 1 yr or have had a specific problem to be referred to a RE.  Your OBGYN can run basic tests and save you from the stress and expense of an RE.

ps. If you do have to see an RE the reproductive sci center is great!

This. I had a M/C and thankfully did get pregnant soon after, but my OBGYN said not to worry if it didn't happen right away because it can take up to a year.

Lots of baby dust to you!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    could be low progesterone
  • Options

And I agree with the other girls about charting and finding out when you are ovulating.  Natural Family Planning (nfp) methods has been shown to be even more effective than other treatments out there and involves tracking your cycle, with the help of someone who knows nfp.  One person I know who has been doing it for years is below.  The text is from a church bulletin:

If you would like information on Natural Family

Planning or information on sound ethical medical

treatment for common health problems in women,

please contact Monica Bergeron at 441-4034 or email

her at iconfertility@cox.net.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"