Austin Babies
Options

I'm ready to smack DH

DH has what we think is a fairly mild case of the flu. He came home last night, right as the football game was starting, complaining of a headache, aches and pains, chills, fever, etc. He had a temp of 101. He took some TheraFlu and laid down for a while to rest. I took care of everything last night so he wouldn't have to touch the kids, anything in the kitchen, etc.

He got up this morning, with a temp of 99.5. Granted, that's not technically considered fever, but he was running 101 twelve hours earlier. He said he felt much better, so he took more TheraFlu and WENT TO WORK. Angry

I told him not to go. I told him that he could pile up in the bed and get comfy and work from his laptop. He could do what he could from home, get plenty of rest, and if he felt better by Sunday, he could go into the office for a few hours to catch up. No, he insisted on going to work.  He said he'd be bored sitting at home all day, and Meredith wouldn't understand why she couldn't hang out with him in the bedroom. And that if he went to work, he'd be around the kids less and perhaps they wouldn't get sick. Um, honey, they were around you yesterday morning before you went to work. And the night before. And the morning before that. You held Alex and changed his diapers. You gave Meredith a bath and snuggled with her. She kissed you goodbye yesterday morning. They've been exposed. They'll either get it or they won't. But you're going to work when you're sick, and you're increasing the exposure to your coworkers, some of whom have pregnant wives and little babies at home. You have sick days for a reason. Use them.

~vent over~

Re: I'm ready to smack DH

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"