Multiples

which side by side doubles fit through standard doors? (if any)

I have always figured I'd prefer a side by side b/c I like that they'd be next to each other & could interact and no one would potentially be kicking anyone or want to be in front vs back etc...but the not fitting through doors when going places seems annoying so I'm wondering which strollers do actually fit through doors? I know using them in stores b/w the racks & stuff will still be a pain but I want to explore all options.
Thanks.

Re: which side by side doubles fit through standard doors? (if any)

• A lot of them do. We have a Baby Jogger City Mini double which does. I think the Combi Twin Sport does. Not sure which all. They need to be less than either 30", iirc, to fit anywhere that's handicap accessible.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • We have the Valco Twin Trimode and it seems to fit through doors (we've only used it once though).
  • Loading the player...
  • Most of them are 28 or 29 inches wide. I have the bumbleride and it fits in most doorways. I was told the Mountain Buggy is the smallest but I don't know how skinny it is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • most of them do, i think. my combi twin sport definitely does.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • city mini... its the BEST
  • I remember being told at one point that the reason you can't find a side by side that takes two infant seats is because then it would be too wide fit through standard doorways.

We haven't had trouble with our Combi Twin Sport.  (But like you said, some stores are so jam packed that it won't fit through the aisles.)

• pretty much all of them do - but not all doors... if you live in an older area that has some older stores with smaller doors- they won't fit... but the standard wheel chair is the same width as most of the SBS strollers- so newer buildings/doors need to accomodate them- and will accomodate SBS strollers.

My valco twin goes through doors - and it's pretty huge. The combi twin sport goes through no problem.

• Thanks all! Ihave been putting off shopping for our 'real' stroller (using DSNG now) b/c there are so many choices & I just don't know which to get! The DSNG was such a no brainer & now there are options...eek!
  • imageLaurenVal:
    city mini... its the BEST

This. I love my stroller.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've never come across a door my Valco couldn't get through...

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• We have the Bob and it fits through standard doorways, we tried it out through the store before buying. We plan on it being our primary stroller.
  • imageDanse:
    We have the Bob and it fits through standard doorways, we tried it out through the store before buying. We plan on it being our primary stroller.

This :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the Valco Twin Tri-Mode and have never had problems getting them through any doors.  I also have a Graco Duo Glider, that I keep in my car.  It's great to snap the infant carriers in and to shop with, since you don't have to worry about narrow aisles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"