Infertility

Ovulating on the same side two months?

So last month all of my follies were on my right side. And now this month the right side is hurting like it did last month. I thought your ovaries rotated which one was going to grow the eggs each month. So is it normal to have two months in a row where you have all the follies on one side?

I should add I don't have any issues with my ovaries or tubes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ovulating on the same side two months?

• I think they rotate some long run, but not necessarily one month to the next.  My left is always the winner.
  • Yes, it is normal to O from the same side 2 months in a row.  They don't switch back and forth each month. Also, I always feel O pain on my left side so I didn't think I ever O'd on the right side. When I had u/s for my IUI's, I had follies on both sides, but never felt a thing on the right.  So, you may only feel the pain on the right side even if the left is working.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input. It has made me feel so much better!

• My right ovary is much more active than the left!  I am glad to hear that this is "normal"!  Good Luck!

TTC since 6/08 SA and HSG normal Lap 1/10-Diagnosed with Stage 4 Endo Lupron Depot for 3 months Acupuncture and Chinese herbs since 1/10 IUI #1- C/P IUI #2- BFN Lap/Hysteroscopy 4/11-Stage 3 endo and polyp removed IVF scheduled for July 2011
  • imagehollymichael:

Yes, it is normal to O from the same side 2 months in a row.  They don't switch back and forth each month. Also, I always feel O pain on my left side so I didn't think I ever O'd on the right side. When I had u/s for my IUI's, I had follies on both sides, but never felt a thing on the right.  So, you may only feel the pain on the right side even if the left is working.

This. I am the exact same way. I feel my left side all the time and never my right.

• Yup, some people are right handed, you appear to maybe be right ovaried.  I'm a lefty!
    Our miracle of modern medicine arrived 10-30-10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For all 3 of my IUIs my right ovary has been the producer. The RE said not to worry about it because sometimes one is more dominant and usually they even out overall.  As long as I'm ovulating and the quality appears to be good he said that it was nothing to worry about.
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My left is way more active.  I'd say the right only ovulates two or three times a year.  Though until October the right tube was blocked and worthless anyway, so maybe that's why?
  • This happened to me this month too, but since my right tube is blocked it was problematic. Since your tubes are fine I wouldn't worry too much about which side you are ovulating from. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"